× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX120 DHCP Reservation Limitation

additude
Virtuoso

RAX120 DHCP Reservation Limitation

I am setting up a new $400+ RAX120 and while setting up the DHCP Reservations list I think I discovered that there is a 15 character limitation on the item description and I also think that there is a limitation on the number of reservations I can enter. I am moving settings over from a NetGear DGND 3700 router that does not appear to have these limitations.

So is the RAX120 limiting my requirements in respect to DHCP Reservations?

Is it possible for me to change the limitations? Can I make changes to the firmware myself?

Also, I have read the manual and I have searched for an answer to this and I was unable to find any information regarding limitations.

Thanks.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
additude
Virtuoso

Well,

Come to find out.... all I needed to do was delete the previous reservation and it's allowed me to continue adding more IP reservations without any issues.

I wish it gave me 20 characters to do a description instead of 15....

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
additude
Virtuoso

Well,

Come to find out.... all I needed to do was delete the previous reservation and it's allowed me to continue adding more IP reservations without any issues.

I wish it gave me 20 characters to do a description instead of 15....

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Curious what the Nighthaw App would say - here on the former leading edge R9000 (1.04.36 hotfix) it allows - just like the router Web UI - device names (comments) up to 32 characters.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7