× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 Disconnect

SuperHero
Tutor

RAX120 Disconnect

I Feel Very upset that . My RAX 120 Router was disconnect the internet in every 2-3 hrs . 

I need to power off the power to resume opeartion .. 

I had already update the new firmware but without any improvement .

If I change back to my old router , it work very fine and wihtout any disconnect issue . 

I change different of DNS for try , still without any improve .

It should be the software issue in RAX120 .Why the router disconnect all the time . How to fix it ? Can someone to help me ? 

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX120 Disconnect

What modem are you using? 

what firmware is on the router? 

After the firmware upgrade, did you factory reset and reinstall the router? The RAX devices responded favorably to such. Just don't reinstall using a backup if an old setting is causing the issue. 

Message 2 of 6
SuperHero
Tutor

My Modem is RAX120 and already update the new firmware. Version 1.0.2.136 I had already try to reset the modem to factory reset and setup the modem again (instead of using backup to reinstall) couple time . But still have same problem . The modem still disconnnect by themselves . Can you tell me how to solve ? CH
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

@SuperHero wrote:
My Modem is RAX120---->no its not. The RAX120 is a router. Not a modem. And it has no integrated modem capabilities. 

Message 4 of 6
SuperHero
Tutor

Sorry so late to reply  .

My Modem is using HUAWEI EchoLife HG8040 - GPON Terminal from telecom company .
Is the router cannot match  with modem  ?
For these moment , I still cannot use the new router . 
Waiting your good new how to solve. 
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

from this thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-going-offline/td-p/1696344

it looks like that ONT has some integrated router functions. 

Potentially you can try having its router functions disabled (call your isp to do it)

Or you can try the netgear in AP (access point) mode. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7