× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 Fan Settings

Jacek26
Tutor

Re: RAX120 Fan Settings

Yeah exactly hence why I raised the router of the flush surface so the bottom of the router has about an inch or inch and a half of space between the router and a surface. The router stays warm but not hot like it was when I first installed it. The WiFi doesn’t drop. I don’t have the fan running at all. I highly recommend to raise the router off the flat surface about an inch or inch and half.
Message 26 of 29
小樱
Aspirant

7.png8.png9.png

完美解决风扇不转的问题,感谢!

Message 27 of 29
mudbone
Apprentice

Use "192.168.1.1/debug.htm" to get to the debug page. Just check the box labeled "Always enable fan". If you reboot the modem this will get unchecked so you will have to keep checking it. Do not click the apply or save buttons. I made that mistake and it actually saves other unwanted settings. Not sure why the firmware developer does not put this setting in the unhidden pages. This thing gets hot so I guess they want it to burn up sooner so you have to buy another one. I have my router sitting on a short shelf so I can not raise it up higher and do not want to relocate it. 

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 28 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

@mudbone wrote:

Use "192.168.1.1/debug.htm" to get to the debug page. Just check the box labeled "Always enable fan". If you reboot the modem this will get unchecked so you will have to keep checking it. Do not click the apply or save buttons. I made that mistake and it actually saves other unwanted settings. Not sure why the firmware developer does not put this setting in the unhidden pages. This thing gets hot so I guess they want it to burn up sooner so you have to buy another one. I have my router sitting on a short shelf so I can not raise it up higher and do not want to relocate it. 

This is a router and not a modem. 

If users want to avoid having the router reboot and having to re-enable the FAN setting, as a alternative suggestion, one can install a USB laptop fan cooler under any router and have 24/7 forced air induction all the time. I keep on user my router. Works well. 

Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7