× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX120 Firmware 1.0.1.136

Topology
Virtuoso

RAX120 Firmware 1.0.1.136

A firmware update (see here) is now available for the RAX120, which fixes “security vulnerability issues” (without providing documented “new features and enhancement” or “bug fixes”).

To install the update, I simply downloaded the ZIP archive containing the new firmware to my PC desktop, extracted the RAX120-V1.0.1.136.img file, and used the "ADVANCED | Administration | Firmware Update | Locate and select the upgrade file on your hard disk" process.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Redtulips7
Luminary

Under NTP setting Time Zone: Eastern Time(US & CANADA) is missing 

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 5
rafale7
Apprentice

Upgraded this morning  and doesn't seem to have any change. There is still a wifi client rate limitation issue appearing over time.

It's really too bad. This router has awesome hardware and potential but the firmware is not only raw and incomplete but is buggy as hell. This is one year after release. I think I will stay away from netgear consummer line from now on. This is just nasty. I hope there will be an open-souce firmware for this soon to make it useable.

Message 3 of 5
Threefeethighan
Aspirant

Totally nailed it, Rafale7.  Netgear's new hardware rocks.  Netgear's firmware developers need to be sent back to school, maybe starting in 8th grade. Have purchased and used netgear routers exclusively since Netgear began.  Have had the rax120 for 14 months.  From day one, biggest and most consistent nightmare I have ever had with any computer product.  Unless Netgear gets their act together soon, will never buy another Netgear product after this debacle.

Message 4 of 5
SABiltongHunter
Aspirant

Any solution to this or just pick the closest one like Toronto?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7