× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX120 Firmware Version 1.0.1.108

Killhippie
Prodigy

Its not even logging known port scans and DoS attacks on my RAX120, they vanish from the log after about two days never to retun untill you reboot the router Other logs show up fine. Waiting for support to get back to me which im not hopeful on. Sent logs etc (QoS is messed up to on the router too so sent info on that) but sometimes Netgear support is like talking to a brick wall.

Message 26 of 37
Killhippie
Prodigy

Its odd that its been going on for so long, I have seen it two hundreds each day and after two days the known port scan and DoS attack logs stop. Maybe contact Netgear support or Christian M on here. Its odd that an attack should last a month! In which case it's a bug possibly that needs sorting out Netgears end maybe? I would report it, the more people at Netgear here about this the more something will hopefully get done.
Message 27 of 37
Killhippie
Prodigy

Can you check your logs to see if your DoS logs vashih from logging as well? Mine stop getting logged go after abut two days. It would really help getting this fixed at Netgears end as I am trying to sort this out with them.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 28 of 37
Joeymcnew35
Guide

I sent them an email last evening and to let them know what's happening.
Message 29 of 37
Killhippie
Prodigy

If left up does your DoS logs and Port scan logs vanish after a few days but the rest stay fine? I mean suddenly there is no more DoS attacks shown and it stays that way. For me it takes about 2-3 days and they stop, rather like nighthawkr mentioned as to not having DoS logs?
Message 30 of 37
Joeymcnew35
Guide

I would but I cleared them yesterday evening. I'll check back in the logs that's I have from today in a couple of days and get back with you. The attacks have been going almost not stop today.
Message 31 of 37
Killhippie
Prodigy

I have reported the attacks to a Netgear representative who is going to push it to Level 3 engineering to see what they say. Thanks for your help, and it will be great to hear about the logs in a few days. Thanks for your help.

Message 32 of 37
Joeymcnew35
Guide

I just remembered to look at my logs, all of my logs are still there and now a showing on the logs, the WAN access has been rejected. It's showing from an outside ip. This has happened many times now since recently.
Message 33 of 37
BATeller
Tutor

@nighthawkr wrote:

Yes, I had the RAX120 with 1.0.1.108 freeze up on me when attempting to connect via wireless with my MacBook 15".  I powered off, turned off AX and connected back ok.  Was working all day without issue up until that point.  All devices lost connection when I attempted with the laptop.  Never had any issues like that previously.

After flashing 1.0.1.108 I did a hard reset before I started using it this morning.  AX was on and OFDMA was on for 5GHz network that the laptop was connecting to.

I have this exact same issue with every version of firmware (even the current RAX120-V1.0.1.118_BETA.

It was driving me nuts (I even purchased a new RAX120 thinking my old one was defecrtive) until I found this post.

Any solutions other than turning off AX?

Nice to know theres a way to use the router without constant reboots (sad that AX is responsible).

Message 34 of 37
Joeymcnew35
Guide

Sounds like you need to update to the latest firmware, and then reset. Be sure to save your configuration file before you do the reset, to make it much quicker and easier after the reset.
Message 35 of 37
BATeller
Tutor

@Joeymcnew35 wrote:
Sounds like you need to update to the latest firmware, and then reset. Be sure to save your configuration file before you do the reset, to make it much quicker and easier after the reset.

As I said, I'm using the latest version which is RAX120-V1.0.1.118_BETA (Pre-Release Beta)

I've also tried it with the latest release (RAX120-V1.0.1.114) with no luck.

Message 36 of 37
Killhippie
Prodigy

Did you do a factory reset via the pinhole in the back of the router? 118 is perfectly stable for me, but I always factory reset after each update especially when features like OFDMA and TX Beamforing were added and do not use a saved image to restore, set up manually to stop low level changes corrupting the update you have downloaded and installed. 

Message 37 of 37
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 36 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7