× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX120 Frequent Crashes

dj2819
Apprentice

I really think the router can't handle large amounts of traffic or something. Devices on the. 5ghz band would experience the issue you describe since that band was the most crowded. I switched everything to the 2.4ghz band and then that band experienced same issues.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 26 of 31
Joi007
Tutor

Just FYI if you have the NETGEAR CM1100 it has the dreaded and defective Intel Puma 6 chipset in it. Please refer to list below.

Intel Puma 6 Modem List Chipset Defects

https://approvedmodemlist.com/intel-puma-6-modem-list-chipset-defects/#modemlist 

Message 27 of 31
Joi007
Tutor

Disregard wrong list

Message 28 of 31
smoothster
Tutor

I had the same stability issues with V1.0.1.122 losing connectivity at least 10 times a day. I tried both upgading and a factory reset with the same problems

I ended up loading V1.0.1.118 and everyhting is now stable for 3 weeks

I am running a similar config with a CM1100 Comcast Gigabit service and a 8 Port switch. I am using WAN aggregation(LACP) from the RAX120 to the CM1100. 

I have 25 devices on 5G, 14 devices on 2.4G and 14 Wired Devices

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 29 of 31
sgopal2
Star

Hello all,

Thanks for all the valuable suggestions. Indeed it definitely appears to be a problem with the new firmware. I took returned my RAX120 back to Best Buy and switched to my old router.

My network has been up for 2 weeks+ without a crash. So it definitely was not the cable modem (CM1100). It looks like others are having the same problem. I didn't realize that it was possible to downgrade the firmware. But its too late now, I've already returned the router.

Message 30 of 31
Joi007
Tutor

@sgopal2 

Hello all,

Thanks for all the valuable suggestions. Indeed it definitely appears to be a problem with the new firmware. I took returned my RAX120 back to Best Buy and switched to my old router.

My network has been up for 2 weeks+ without a crash. So it definitely was not the cable modem (CM1100). It looks like others are having the same problem. I didn't realize that it was possible to downgrade the firmware. But its too late now, I've already returned the router.

No worries.. Please mark this thread as resolved. Thanks!

Message 31 of 31
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 30 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7