× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 - Getting Duma OS only this model

migsta
Apprentice

RAX120 - Getting Duma OS only this model

I guess this will probably be the only router to get the Duma OS of the RAX series?  I assume this will be imminent as Netgear can only run their outdated GUI for so long before they can no longer sell these routers?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: RAX120 - Getting Duma OS only this model

@migsta wrote:

I guess this will probably be the only router to get the Duma OS of the RAX series? 

Why do you think so? Netgear has launched not less than three different hardware platforms as Nighthawk Gaming Pro with some of the Duma OS features as XR300 (Broadcom, like R7xxxx[P]), XR500 (and it's XR450 sibling, both Qualcomm, like R7800), and XR700 (AnapurnaLabs, like R9000) - mostly known from other models) and has launched four Wi-Fi 6 platforms with the "classic" feature set [partially incomplete, there is more than a UI...] designated RAX40 (Intel AnyWAN, former Lantiq), RAX80 (Broadcom), RAX120 (Qualcomm), and RAX200 (Broadcom).

Not a difficult guess is that

• No RAXnnn will "get" Duma OS as a replacement, and
  • New Nightawk Gaming Pro AX models based on
  • a) the similar platforms like the RAX, and/or
  • b) new and enhanced Wi-Fi 6 platform[s] (more standards compliant!)

@migsta wrote:

I assume this will be imminent as Netgear can only run their outdated GUI for so long before they can no longer sell these routers?

While I agree on the aged Web UI with not that much lipstick on the pig than what I would have expected - carrying forward many problems, this includes the base operating system core with the Nighthawk App integration with even more issues - for the majority of users, the Duma OS core features are not or much less relevant. The availability of Circle (families with kids) and Armor/Bitdefender (families, security oriented users, SOHO and very small businesses), reliable multi-user capable file share access (not requiring sharing admin credentials), a flexible multi-usage VPN client with application/device policy routing, and a simple multi-user VPN server must come to provide continuity. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7