× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX120 - Issues over Issues - RAX120 can not do AX ?

sjbhh
Apprentice

RAX120 - Issues over Issues - RAX120 can not do AX ?

Hi,

I know there are a few post on this forum on similar issues but I thought I write my precise details. 

I use a RAX120 and a Killer 1650 Wireless Card in a Windows 10 PC. 

As soon as I have the card connect to the router the RAX120 crashes immediately and reboots. 

Tried this on firmware 58, 84, 85 and 86. Netgear switched my router - I have switched to another Killer 1650 - so it is not a HArdware issue.

Still the same issue. 

Now I read to turn off AX mode. That solves the reboot issue. But come on - why exactly did I just purchase a router that retails for USD 599,- ???

Seriously Netgear ?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
avtella
Prodigy

I have 3 laptops with the Intel AX200 which is the unbranded version of the Killer AX1650. I haven’t run into any issues yet on AX mode. I am using the lower channels with HT160 enabled. I have used both the .84/.86 firmwares.

What settings are you using and what version of the Intel AX200 drivers are you using? What other clients do you have? It could be some sort of AX to AC switching issue.

Considering these routers are very new some of the issues will be are a across various brands using the same chipsets. The actual WiFi firmware depending on router comes from the Broadcom and Qualcomm who fix issues forwarded by the router companies, assuming that its the WiFi side firmware issue.

Regardless of brand best to wait a solid 6 months for firmwares to become mature especially with a new WiFi standard.
Message 2 of 5
necrocis
Guide

OT

Where did you buy your cards? 

@avtella wrote:
I have 3 laptops with the Intel AX200 which is the unbranded version of the Killer AX1650. I haven’t run into any issues yet on AX mode. I am using the lower channels with HT160 enabled. I have used both the .84/.86 firmwares.

What settings are you using and what version of the Intel AX200 drivers are you using? What other clients do you have? It could be some sort of AX to AC switching issue.

Considering these routers are very new some of the issues will be are a across various brands using the same chipsets. The actual WiFi firmware depending on router comes from the Broadcom and Qualcomm who fix issues forwarded by the router companies, assuming that its the WiFi side firmware issue.

Regardless of brand best to wait a solid 6 months for firmwares to become mature especially with a new WiFi standard.

Message 3 of 5
necrocis
Guide

Doh, just searched eBay, ignore sorry. 

Message 4 of 5
sjbhh
Apprentice

Turns out it was a firmware issue.

After sending in various log and debug files over the past days 

I got firmware Version 1.0.1.89 from Netgear Support and the issue is resolved. 

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7