× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 Losing connection at same time

Simplestuff
Aspirant

RAX120 Losing connection at same time

Bought and installed the router in June. Worked fine for the first 2 months. In the last 2-3 months, the router loses connection 3-4 times a week at exactly the same time each time. It is not the cable modem because Cox installed a backup WiFi router. I switch over to the back and everything works. Once I reboot the Nighthawk, everything is fine until the next day at 12:56 p.m. Any ideas? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
microchip8
Master

Re: RAX120 Losing connection at same time

Maybe a firmware downgrade can fix this. Worth a try

Message 2 of 5
Simplestuff
Aspirant

Thanks. The firmware is V1.0.1.122. The router ran fine for the first couple of months. I have not updated anything. The loss of connection issue just started about 6 weeks ago.

Message 3 of 5
Simplestuff
Aspirant

Thanks microchip. A few additional details that may help if someone has a solution or can point me in the correct direction

1. it drops all connections, wired and wifi, at the same time almost daily
  2. most times, I have to reboot the router, but once in awhile, it the connection is restored after the initial outage. The time ranges from a few minites to a few hour
  3. do not have reboot modem, only the router, to restore connectivity
  4. the router is Nighthawk RAX120 (AX6000)
  5. the Nighthawk was installed 6/20. No issues for at least 60 days
  6. have never installed or uninstalled firmware on the Nighthawk router
  7. have never changed settings on the Nighthawk router

Any thoughts?

Message 4 of 5
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

I would upgrade your router to .136 so it's up to date on security. 

then reset your router using the rear pin hole method and set up as new. Remember to check that the internet settings are set to always on and not dial up.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7