× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 + NIGHTHAWK® MESH WIFI 6

robertoselmi
Tutor

RAX120 + NIGHTHAWK® MESH WIFI 6

Is it possible to use a NIGHTHAWK® MESH WIFI 6 system connected to a RAX120 router to increase coverage? If it is, how?

Message 1 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX120 + NIGHTHAWK® MESH WIFI 6

Hi robertoselmi,

Yes, you can connect the Nighthawk Mesh system to a RAX120. You will need to set the Nighthawk Mesh system to access point mode to accomplish this. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 6
robertoselmi
Tutor

In this way the RAX120 publishes the SSIDs and the two non-wired mesh objects republish the same SSIDs, if I move from one place to another I keep the connection because the SSID does not change and I roam transparently. Correct?
Message 3 of 6
robertoselmi
Tutor

Any response?
Message 4 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi robertoselmi,

Ultimately it's up to your client devices to actually switch to the access points. there's nothing the access points can do to force the switch. However, generally clients will switch when they see a much stronger signal. 

Message 5 of 6
robertoselmi
Tutor

Hi Christian,

I understand, my question is more related to the efficiency of the mesh system, the management is shared between the three devices, so the association of the mac address is orchestrated, or is it only between the two meshes?

Regards
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7