× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 Performance Diagnosis

millewg001
Aspirant

RAX120 Performance Diagnosis

I have installed a RAX120 and an EX8000 as an access point.  I also have an EX7500 installed as a wireless extender using the same SSID as the RAX120.  This network extender is used primarily to improve a security camera and receives very little use otherwise.

Occasionally I am experiencing slowdowns/interruptions in my network. Most of the time, these disruptions occur during the late evening or very early morning hours and seem to last about 5-15 minutes (but I have not tracked the).   I also have occasional performance issues.  Is there a recommended reference document I can use to help be conduct an analysis of my router configuration to see if there is a problem that I can fix.  My problem may also be caused by issues in my Spectrum service and being able to pinpoint the issue might help if I need to call them.

As a side discussion, I am considering increasing my Spectrum network service from 100mbs to their 400mbs service.  Not sure I need it but being able to diagnose performance issues within my network might help with this decision.  

I have 2 Macs (MBP and an iMac), 2 iPad Pros, 4-5 Roku or Apple TV's, and a number of IOT's.  For the most part, they all seem to work well.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX120 Performance Diagnosis

Hello millewg001, 

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
millewg001
Aspirant

Re: RAX120 Performance Diagnosis

Thanks but my warranty service has long since expired.  I suspect I have the option of purchasing 6mms of service but am curious what my options to self-diagnose my network performance issues.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7