× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX120 - SSID Password Displayed - Can Not Disable

penguinpages
Tutor

RAX120 - SSID Password Displayed - Can Not Disable

When you log into the router.  Of which you can only use user "admin" (which is a different topic where it would be nice to have more than one account espcecially with drive shares etc..

...  But..  the home page displays in clear txt the SSID password.  I am ok with the "eye" icon where you can choose to display it on screen but... that the home page has it right their maybe is ok for some, but not for others. 

How is this display of password disabled?

My goal is that others in house can check status, but not make changes.  But this system is very hamstrung with one account and that one 'god' level.

Model: A6200|802.11ac Dual Band WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 6
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

Only you need to check the status, I can't think of a domestic router that has multiple logins. 

you can't separate settings for different people. 

Message 2 of 6
Killhippie
Prodigy

???

Message 3 of 6
Topology
Virtuoso

Users who are concerned about this issue may wish to ‘vote’ for this product improvement idea:  Hide SSID password on router home page

Message 4 of 6
Killhippie
Prodigy

I think the RAX120 needs a decent QoS that works and does not destroy the upstream bufferbloat first, and 32 digits in DHCP reservation names before this, and since its scrolling its not easy to copy. Normally I see no need to have more than one person access the router in a moe environment and hiding the SSID would still be easy to find and turn off anyway by going into settings, which defeats the point of the function anyway unless its hidden in a debug page of course and then someone may hide it and not realise how to get it back so there would have to be instructions which would once again defeat the point of the feature I imagine.

Message 5 of 6
Killhippie
Prodigy

* home environment

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements