× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 Signal Strength

types24
Tutor

RAX120 Signal Strength

I just upgraded my Internet speed through Xfinity and so swapped my AC1900 for a RAX120 (with CM1150V modem).  Quickly learned that SmartConnect is not so smart (worked well for most devices, but a minority essentially couldn't connect at all until SmartConnect was disabled).  My challenge now is signal strength.  My all-in-one AC1900 covered parts of my house and yard much better than my RAX120, regardless of whether I switch to 2.4 or 5GHz.

Is this something I can solve through the various settings on routerlogin.net?  I confirmed the Transmit Power Control is set to 100% and asides from the network names/passwords pretty much everything is set to default.  Using firmware 1.0.1.128.

If this is covered elsewhere I'm happy to be pointed towards it.  I tried searching the various topics here and couldn't find any discussions that covered this.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: RAX120 Signal Strength

@types24 wrote:

Quickly learned that SmartConnect is not so smart (worked well for most devices, but a minority essentially couldn't connect at all until SmartConnect was disabled).

Unlikley a SmartConnect issue which is a applying a feature standard in business Wi-Fi for a longer time. More likely, these wireles devices have a problem with some additional information provded in the WiFi beacon. Many wireless clients require updates of the Wi-Fi drivers ...

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7