× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX120 Uplink speed is limited at 100Mbps when QoS is enabled

networkcare
Follower

RAX120 Uplink speed is limited at 100Mbps when QoS is enabled

When QoS is enabled, uplink speed is limited up to 100Mbps.
Can we raise the limitation to 1Gbps ? I tested many times and when the QoS is turned off, the uplink speed can be reached to almost 1Gbps.
Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
skipper61717
Aspirant

Why would you enable QoS with gigabit internet? QoS is only useful "if" you have slower internet like 30 down\3 up "and" buffering is occuring with various apps (youtube, twitch etc).

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

QoS isn't recommended at speeds >300mbps according to netgears own info. Its the Note under the dynamic qos info

https://kb.netgear.com/25617/How-does-Dynamic-QoS-help-improve-my-Nighthawk-router-s-Internet-traffi...

Message 3 of 4
avtella
Prodigy

QoS on Gigabit only makes sense if you have aysymetrical speeds like with my ISP Comcast which gives 1.2 Gbps/40 Mbps realworld speeds....However If you have symetrical gigabit its really gonna tax the CPU to do QoS and kinda pointless on a consumer system as most people wouldn't commonly saturate their gigabit link. You'd need an x86 AMD/Intel CPU based router or something as powerful for something like that.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7