× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 VLAN tagging

Thimbl
Aspirant

RAX120 VLAN tagging

I've found how to tag ports 1-4 or 2.4 ghz/5 ghz wifi but how do I vlan tag the WAN port so I can use my router with CenturyLink fiber?
Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX120 VLAN tagging

Hi Thimbl,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
rinthos
Luminary

@Thimbl wrote:
I've found how to tag ports 1-4 or 2.4 ghz/5 ghz wifi but how do I vlan tag the WAN port so I can use my router with CenturyLink fiber?

I believe Netgear notes it as "VLAN/BRIDGE" configuration, if you're referring to the Advanced menu section?

If so, it's actually confusing but should work, but a couple things to be mindful of...

From the VLAN/BRIDGE section in the Advanced settings area (likely the one you are working) you should see two ways to set this up..One is by "bridge group" and the other is by "VLAN tag" group.  Use "VLAN Tag Group" which seems to result in accomplishing what you'll need for Centurylink.  Not sure about your locality, but here the VLAN for CenturyLink is 201...

It's confusing, but ultimately that's what Netgear is trying to accomplish...just not very clear on their terminology.

If you still have issues, try turning OFF IPv6 if you enabled it, there have been problems depending on which firmware you're on, so I'd suggest avoiding it for now..

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 5
rinthos
Luminary

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 7.55.02 PM.png

Sorry, meant to also attach a screen shot.  

Also cut it off here, but don't forget to Enable it.  Name: Internet. VlanID: 201 (unless different in your area).

Also don't forget to configure your PPPoE credentials.

Message 4 of 5
Thimbl
Aspirant

Thank you for the information. More or less that exactly what needed to be done. It would be so much easier if everyone called things the same thing. It would eliminate all of the guesswork for those of us who are not experts at this!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7