× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX120 WPA3 + WPA2 vs WPA2 Only setting

RAX120 WPA3 + WPA2 vs WPA2 Only setting

If I select the WPA3 + WPA2 setting my Surface Pro 5 tablet,HP chromebook and Pixel 3XL cell phone won't connect to my SSID.

If I select the WPA2 Only setting all my devices connect?

I know it's bad to assume anything but I would think the same WPA2 security is in both choices.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
avtella
Prodigy

Yeah that is odd, I personally haven’t run into this issue with WPA2+3. Its doing fallback properly. My Intel AX200 devices are set to use WPA3 and the router is falling back to WPA2 for the rest, including all the Apple devices.

I assume the rest of your devices are working properly? I suppose if you file a case they can create an update to sort it out.
Message 2 of 3
comper
Aspirant

I have the same issue as you do. I don't feel like messing with it right now, but I think specifically one of my bedroom Samsung smart TVs from 2015, a Frigidaire window AC unit, and my MyQ enabled garage door opener refused to connect to it when on the WPA3 + 2 setting. Going to 2 only also fixes it for me. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7