× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 and EAX80 (wired AP mode) , wired clients get IP slowly

lvchen860217
Guide

RAX120 and EAX80 (wired AP mode) , wired clients get IP slowly

Eax80(1.0.0.36) expands rax120(1.0.1.122) through wired access point. The speed of acquiring IP address of the equipment connected to eax80's LAN port is very slow (half a minute or longer, during which it has been maintained at 169.254. X.x). While the speed of acquiring IP address of the equipment connected to eax80 through wireless is normal (several seconds). RAX120 and EAX80 are both the latest firmware and restores the factory settings.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
lvchen860217
Guide

Re: RAX120 and EAX80 (wired AP mode) , wired clients get IP slowly

I found the reason, because there is a managed switch gs310tp in the intranet, and the switch has turned on STP function. When the STP function is turned off, it will return to normal.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
lvchen860217
Guide

I found the reason, because there is a managed switch gs310tp in the intranet, and the switch has turned on STP function. When the STP function is turned off, it will return to normal.

Message 2 of 3
Kyne
Apprentice

Quick question - wired means you aren't actually extending the same wifi but had to configure the EAX as a seperate AP altogether (with different SSID), right? I.e. the EAX doesn't support wired backhaul extension (or 'mesh') ?!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7