× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 and Wake on Lan (Plex Server)

JBlock22
Follower

RAX120 and Wake on Lan (Plex Server)

Ok I'm sincerely hoping someone here can help me because it's driving me bonkers.

I previously had a Linksys 5400 / 9500 router. Just got the RAX120 and liking it so far, except...

I run a plex server off my local PC. I had the server waking on lan via magic packet just fine on my linksys router using port 32400. However, after setting up the RAX120 my computer goes to sleep and will not wake up. When I open plex on another device it  connects just fine when the computer is on, just not when it goes to sleep anymore since it's not waking the host PC.

I'm not a router/tech pro by any means, but I did go to canyouseeme.org and verified initially that it wasn't able to connect to my port 32400 anymore. After a little sleuthing I went into the nighthawk advanced settings under port forwarding / port triggering and set a port forward FTP protocol for external and internal ports 32400. After checking again, it looked as though the port was open... success!

...Except, still not waking on lan! Literally all I did was change routers, so I'm wondering if it's something on the router level or in this routers settings preventing me from waking the computer on lan? (Note: my host pc is connected via ethernet).

Can someone please  help? Is it this netgear shield thing it installed? is it some type of setting i'm not seeing? It seems that uDnP is on as far as I can tell, so I'm not really sure what else to do here. I'm hoping it's something simple I just overlooked... appreciate any help!

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Killhippie
Prodigy

Re: RAX120 and Wake on Lan (Plex Server)

I dont think the RAX120 supports WOL at all I'm afraid.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7