× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX120 coming from unifi

rafale7
Apprentice

RAX120 coming from unifi

As many I read from others here, the hardware on this router just rocks. I don't use it as a router but as an AP only since I am already running pfSense with dual WAN from a server.

The range and speed of the wifi is stunning even with a wifi5 (AC) client.

Now the odd stuff:

In AP mode the Access control doesn't appear to work at all. Blocking devices doesn't have any effect.

The web UI is really too slow and basic. I don't know what webserver it is running but for the CPU it is carrying, I get the feeling that it is not very inefficient. NGINX? Lighttpd?

When dealing with lists of client, there is no sorting at all either from the Attached Device list or the Access Control page. This is sorely missing.

I am using it with the 5Gbps uplink and this appears to have some quirks with my unifi switch as I often have to disconnect and reconnect the cable to re-establish the connection. Some packets appear to get dropped but not all of them. This seems to happen once a day and I have not yet figured out what is causing it. I am using it also as a switch with one further downlink ubiquiti switch but may change this entire topology pretty soon.

Anybody encountered this 5Gbps problem?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
rafale7
Apprentice

Well, Problem fixed, I replaced the ubiquiti switch with the netgear MS510TXPP and sure enough, I now am getting a stable 5Gbps speed... Time to de-unifi my home...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
rafale7
Apprentice

Well, Problem fixed, I replaced the ubiquiti switch with the netgear MS510TXPP and sure enough, I now am getting a stable 5Gbps speed... Time to de-unifi my home...

Message 2 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi rafale7,

Thanks for updating the thread as it may help others who may experience the same issue.

Christian 

Message 3 of 4
rafale7
Apprentice

No Problem,

I think this is what the community forum is for.

Also where to provide my feedback on the firmware?

The unit works great but really wish the mac address block worked in AP mode.

Also the UI is very raw, I would like to be able to see the SSI of each connected wireless clients and be able to sort them according the table column sections.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7