× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 - data tracking per device over a set period of time

RAX120 - data tracking per device over a set period of time

I upgraded from an older google mesh system. before that system i had a pretty good nighthawk (cant remember the model).

that being said, so far i love the rax120. but i was hoping i could manage my data usage a bit better, and maybe i can, but dont know how?

On the mesh system, i could open an app and select "current data usage", it would show each currently connected device and the mbps per second it was using. i could then select "data used today" and it would show all the devices that have been connected in the past 24 hours and the total megabytes each of them had used in the last 24 hours. it would do the same for "data used this week" and "data used this month"

this would allow me to easily see which devices were hogging the data. and since i have roomates and we get close, or hit, our data cap of 1024gbs every month its nice to know why, how, when. 

i will say the old mesh system did NOT allow me to set a data cap. so i would have to watch it manually to make sure we didnt go over. the RAX (and other nighthawks) lets me specifiy 1000Gb cap and it will automatically reset the 1st of the month!!!

note, i do have the app and i see the "traffic meter" section, but it only shows the raw amount of data used. i would like to know per device in either a set date range (current, 24 hours, week, month) or a custom date range.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: RAX120 - data tracking per device over a set period of time

just for feedback purposes:

i noticed the googles mesh system is a bit better at picking up hostnames from devices. i have a bunch that show on the rax120 router/app as "n/a"

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7