× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 is throttling my internet speeds

Clarencemac92
Follower

RAX120 is throttling my internet speeds

So I have recently signed up for AT&T Gigabit network. The provided me an Arris BGW210 Modem/router combo, where I have dissable the router bands and set the unit into ip passthrough mode with the DHCPS set to fixed for my RAX120s mac address. Upon doing a speed test frrom the modem I am getting gigabit speeds, bit for some reason my RAX120 is throttling the speeds down to ~250 Mbps up/down. The only setting changes I have made were changing the SSID and password and enabling the guest network.

I have been scouring the internet for solutions, but so far the only common solutions I have found was to throw the $500 router away and purchase non-netgear components.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX120 is throttling my internet speeds

Hi Clarencemac92, 

I would recommend factory resetting your RAX12 and running through the full setup assistant again. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
Tofu-Golem
Apprentice

Re: RAX120 is throttling my internet speeds

As Christian said, first thing to try is a factory reset and going through the setup process again. My WiFi speeds were getting limited to 54 mbps, and whatever mode it was, it was definitely not using WiFi 6.

If that doesn't work, try to toggle QoS off/on hitting "apply" each time.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7