× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 lost internet connection and won't reconnect, plus looks like fan stopped working

Gregg00SS
Initiate

RAX120 lost internet connection and won't reconnect, plus looks like fan stopped working

Have had the RAX120 since September of last year with absolutely no issues.  Today the wife complained the internet was not working so took a look at things.  Wifi signal is visible, but no internet connection.  Have a desktop that is wired to router and no connection on there either.  Log into router and shows no internet connection.  My house is ran with fiber and does not require a cable or dsl modem.  I decided to bypass the router to see if it was my ISP and internet works fine when I run it directly from wall to desktop.  I also plugged in an older Netgear router and it immediately detected internet connection and started broadcasting wifi.  This obviously tells me there is an issue with the router. 

Looking at the router I noticed the fan behind the top vent holes is not spinning.  Not sure if it is an interminent fan or should be on all the time but the router felt warm and assume this would be on.  Not sure if that is related or not.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX120 lost internet connection and won't reconnect, plus looks like fan stopped working

The fan only runs if its needed. I don't think mine on my RAX200 has ever ran other than when it first boots up. 

have you tried a simple factory reset and reinstall?

Message 2 of 3
Gregg00SS
Initiate

Re: RAX120 lost internet connection and won't reconnect, plus looks like fan stopped working

I will mess with it more when I get home from work but I did do a factory reset and had issues setting the router back up because it could not detect an internet connection.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7