× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX120 no 5GHz

springsnow
Aspirant

RAX120 no 5GHz

5GHz isn't seen from any device. I've power cycled, flipped the radio on/off, and factory reset. I tried using smartconnect, but devices only listed as connnected to 2.4. I also tried no broadcast and entering the name into the device... no luck. The 5GHz activity light is on, but devices can only see the the 2.4 GHz. Am I stuck waiting for new firmware? I haven't disabled the AX option yet, that's what I'll try next. Any help is appreciated. 

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
Redtulips7
Luminary

@springsnow wrote:

5GHz isn't seen from any device. I've power cycled, flipped the radio on/off, and factory reset. I tried using smartconnect, but devices only listed as connnected to 2.4. I also tried no broadcast and entering the name into the device... no luck. The 5GHz activity light is on, but devices can only see the the 2.4 GHz. Am I stuck waiting for new firmware? I haven't disabled the AX option yet, that's what I'll try next. Any help is appreciated. 

Try different channel DFS and non DFS Channel also make sure Enable SSID Broadcast is active.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 10
RAXHawaii
Aspirant

I have the same issue. I tried changing channels, reset the router, toggled AX mode on and off. Does anyone have a solution for this. As of now, all my devices are connecting to 2.4. My 5g light is active. It’s not broadcasting the -5G. And my smart connect is off.
Message 3 of 10
springsnow
Aspirant

I ended up having to RMA as support thought it was hardware related. Hopefully you are able to do so.

Message 4 of 10
GabboCH
Apprentice

There is the same issue on the RAX80 & I believe it is also not limited to 5G because I've had the same problem with 2.4G.

Im pretty sure it is firmware related rather than hardware.

Also, there was an authentication issue on the 120 which created problems with several devices connecting:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/RAX-120-authentication-issues/td-p...

A firmware update was released to correct this already though so if you are running the latest firmware it shouldnt be the problem.

Message 5 of 10
RAXHawaii
Aspirant

Thanks for the info. I did update to the latest firmware version and still no luck. Ive been rotating channels and messing with settings for a few days now and no luck. Im hoping its a firmware issue and the next version will fix this problem. Sucks to spend that much money and only get a 2.4 signal out of it.
Message 6 of 10
GabboCH
Apprentice

I've had the RAX80 for more than 3 months and am still waiting for a firmware update along with many other users....

Fingers crossed an update comes.....

Message 7 of 10
robledrew
Apprentice

For what it's worth I have the same issues with my RAX200 and have been talking to level 2 support since it came out and have had no improvements despite several firmware releases. 

This line of new RAX products seem deeply flawed!

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 8 of 10
RAXHawaii
Aspirant

There was an update that got released recently, V1.0.1.108. Installed and now everything works fine. The 5G is broadcasting well and no issues with authentication.

@robledrew wrote:

For what it's worth I have the same issues with my RAX200 and have been talking to level 2 support since it came out and have had no improvements despite several firmware releases. 

This line of new RAX products seem deeply flawed!

Message 9 of 10
robledrew
Apprentice

I'm running version V1.0.1.10_1.0.40 on the RAX200 and unfortunately I can't say the same, but I'm glad you got yours working! Maybe mine is around the corner...

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7