× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 piss of **bleep**

W3I
Tutor
Tutor

RAX120 piss of **bleep**

No help at all, no single one of the support team can help me, give my money back please!

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX120 piss of **bleep**

This is the community forum. Where members of the public help others out. We're not netgear. 

You'd need to go through support if you want to return your product. 

otherwise, if you want help, we're here for that. 

What issues are you having? (in details since we aren't there to see whats going on)

what modem/gateway are you connecting to? 

What firmware is on the router? 

Message 2 of 11
W3I
Tutor
Tutor

RAX120 keeps offline
Router Firmware Version V1.0.1.122
I try to reboot, factory reset, turn it off and turn back on after half an hour, update to the latest firmware
I called my internet provider 5 times to make sure there is nothing wrong with my line and NBN router modem. I even bought 3 different brand internet cable cat 6 cat 7 and cat 8 to do the test, the problem still there.
The router itself is warm, and the fan never run, now my router is still in hardware warranty, but my three month support is expired. I couldn’t even talk to support team, they just want more money. That is so bad. I have no ideal what should I do now.

Also I saw lot of people have this problem, and it wasn’t getting fixed, I don’t know, it is getting worse right now(offline issue). I’m so angry. Paid $600 for garbage.
Message 3 of 11
W3I
Tutor
Tutor

thank you for your respond, could you please help me how could I return or replace my router without talking to support team
Message 4 of 11
plemans
Guru

@W3I wrote:
RAX120 keeps offline-----its saying its offline? wifi isn't connecting? hardwired devices not connecting? again, details are what helps. What are the leds doing? what is actually going on? Be specific. We aren't there to see whats happening, what you're doing, your setup, or even how you're attempting to access it. 
Router Firmware Version V1.0.1.122
I try to reboot, factory reset, turn it off and turn back on after half an hour, update to the latest firmware
I called my internet provider 5 times to make sure there is nothing wrong with my line and NBN router modem----Which router modem is this? Its kind of a key point if you're in a double nat. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
. I even bought 3 different brand internet cable cat 6 cat 7 and cat 8 to do the test, the problem still there.
The router itself is warm, and the fan never run, now my router is still in hardware warranty, but my three month support is expired. I couldn’t even talk to support team, they just want more money. That is so bad. I have no ideal what should I do now.

Also I saw lot of people have this problem,---Again, its tough to say if you're having the same problem as others without details of exactly whats happening.  and it wasn’t getting fixed, I don’t know, it is getting worse right now(offline issue). I’m so angry. Paid $600 for garbage.

thank you for your respond, could you please help me how could I return or replace my router without talking to support team-----You have to go through support to replace it. Potentially you could return it where you bought it from but that'd be dependant on their return policy

Message 5 of 11

@W3I wrote:
I called my internet provider 5 times to make sure there is nothing wrong with my line and NBN router modem.

What is that NBN modem? And your ISP?

Getting stuff to work on NBN can be a nightmare. The good news is that a lot of people have already grappled with the challenge. So there's a lot of past experience that you can draw on. For example:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – D6300 NBN

and

Search - NETGEAR Communities – RAX120 NBN

You can try narrowing that down by plugging the name of your ISP into the search. Some ISPs have especially exotic configurations.

The problem is that NBN comes in many flavours, effectively it just means "Australian Internet".

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Start by checking for your type of NBN.

While Netgear lists all manner of things as being "compatible" with NBN in that article, in reality this often means that the device will work as a router. You have to bypass the modem bit and use something else as a modem. Sometimes it is just the NBN box that your ISP installed.

Here's a good place to start looking for local expertise:

“NBN” - Whirlpool Forums

Remember, if you are transferring your modem/router from one type of NBN to another it is a good idea to reset the modem/router to that it forgets in past settings carried over from the old service.

Good luck, you may need it.

Message 6 of 11
W3I
Tutor
Tutor

Phone app shows me offline, all my wifi and cable connection is no internet, router websites shows me no internet connection. I have to rebot to get internet back on

Modem is NBN modem hybrid fibre coaxial (HFC)

So it is random offline, router itself is lost connection, I went to app router setting, then internet port. shows me no External ip address, no gatway ip address, no subnet mask, no dns server  all 0.0.0.0, I have to reboot router to get all those back to normal
Message 7 of 11
W3I
Tutor
Tutor

thanks for your help, I'll have a look

Message 8 of 11

@W3I wrote:

Modem is NBN modem hybrid fibre coaxial (HFC)

We are none the wiser when it comes to knowing what this modem is.

That tells us about the technology, not the make and model.

Message 9 of 11
W3I
Tutor
Tutor

Emmm, I don't know what else I can tell you, that is all I know 😞

Message 10 of 11

What comes out of the back of the NBN box?

Just one port you plug the router into?

Remind me, what ISP is this? Some NBN services require slightly offbeat settings.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7