× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 v1.0.1.108 made my wifi unstable

b5gvjmdxdi
Aspirant

RAX120 v1.0.1.108 made my wifi unstable

As the title says. Earlier versions of the RAX120 firmware were great, but 1.0.1.108 results in extreme wifi instability. I do have a fair number of devices of various levels of standards support; a typical IoT home with many different devices; but it worked fine without rebooting the router for a long time before. Now I have to reboot the router multiple times per day to keep everything connected (Apple TVs, Homepod, Alexa devices, lights, etc.)

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
PigletRider
Apprentice

Re: RAX120 v1.0.1.108 made my wifi unstable

@b5gvjmdxdi wrote:

As the title says. Earlier versions of the RAX120 firmware were great, but 1.0.1.108 results in extreme wifi instability. I do have a fair number of devices of various levels of standards support; a typical IoT home with many different devices; but it worked fine without rebooting the router for a long time before. Now I have to reboot the router multiple times per day to keep everything connected (Apple TVs, Homepod, Alexa devices, lights, etc.)

My experience with the v1.0.1.108 version of the firmware may be opposite of yours.  The prior versions were very unstable.  I had all of the issues expressed repeatedly on these message boards.  It wasn't until I upgraded to v1.0.1.108 that everything became stable (connections, speeds, etc.).  It's been like this now for a few weeks.  The darn thing is actually working.

Admittedly I did not do a factory reset.  And I've not booted the router at all.  The last boot of the router was the Nighthawk app when it installed v1.0.1.108 several weeks ago.  I don't know what rebooting it will do.  I may wind up in the same boat as you.  Hence I've avoided factory resets, reboots, configuration changes, etc. because I'm too chicken and simply can't trust this product (or firmware) yet.  But I know, one way or another, a boot/reboot will eventually happen.

Netgear simply MUST do better!!!

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7