× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX15 AX1800 error CDIL-API-FAIL when trying to access the device list

g3auto
Tutor

RAX15 AX1800 error CDIL-API-FAIL when trying to access the device list

I have an rax15  AX1800 and am getting CDIL-API-FAIL when try to access the device manager. I am accessing it from my local connection and getting the error on both my iPad and iPhone. Have tried reinstalling the app and still get the error. I am on the latest version of firmware V1.0.2.82_2.0.52. I have restarted the router and still have the problem. This has been going on for a few weeks now, any help would be appreciated. Thx

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX15 AX1800 error CDIL-API-FAIL when trying to access the device list

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

I'd start with a reboot of the router. 

if that doesn't help, you can try a factory reset and reinstall. I've seen both fix that error

Message 2 of 6
g3auto
Tutor

There is no modem, it is connected directly to the isp wire. I have tried the reboot multiple times and there is no way I'm go8ng to do a factory reset, spent to much time configuring the router, static IPs, etc. this is only happening within the nighthawk app and not when I connect with a browser. 

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Then your option is to wait it out and see if an app update or firmware change fixes it.
Message 4 of 6
Wolverine3
Aspirant

I also have an RAX15 (not found in the model drop-down list for this reply by the way) with the same firmware version that is suddenly not allowing me to go into the Device Manager screen. I, instead, receive an error message that states, "Sorry, the action was failed. Please try again. (code: CDIL-API-FAIL), with an OK button. Standard reboots have been unsuccessful so I'll go through the pain of a complete reset. I just wanted to post this so the Netgear engineers have another customer-experienced failure datapoint.

Message 5 of 6
DLuong
Aspirant

I have the same problem too and I dont want to reset the router either. I'll wait to see if there an solution.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7