× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX15 Missing DFS Channels

lmore377
Aspirant

RAX15 Missing DFS Channels

I'm on firmware V1.0.11.112_2.0.77. I tried turning AX on and off, switching between the different modes and some other stuff but no matter what I do I can't get channels 100-144 to show up. The available channels are somewhat congested in my area so having the DFS channels would be nice.

lmore377_0-1653341606339.png

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

What region are you in? 

Message 2 of 5
lmore377
Aspirant

I'm in US and the region selection is greyed out
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Not sure why its not showing those channels as it supports dfs. 

Maybe you're in an area where dfs is broadcast enough it doesn't even give it as an option (not sure if thats possible)?

Your region should be grayed out if you're in the north american region. 

Message 4 of 5
lmore377
Aspirant

I ended up just connecting to the internal serial console and changing the SKU to an international model which unlocked the region selection (and made the admin password restrictions more strict lol). Oddly enough US still has the DFS channels completely disabled but if I select another country like Europe it's perfectly fine and I haven't had it switch channels in a bit over 24 hours which I was expecting because my normal home network never switches channels either. I can post how I did it here but I doubt Netgear would like that lol.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7