× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX15 Won't Assign Static IP (R6400 Would)

PapaBear47
Aspirant

RAX15 Won't Assign Static IP (R6400 Would)

RAX15, current firmware (V1.0.1.58_2.0.31)

On my old R6400 I had a static IP assigned to my mobile phone (to make it easier to use it as an FTP server when moving files around). I tried to do the same on the RAX15, but I got the following:

400 Bad Request

This server does not support the operation requested by your client.

I set the DHCP ending IP address to 192.168.1.199, and since I successfully assigned 192.168.1.200 to my network printer I doubt there's a collission problem with 192.168.1.201 or any of the others I've tried; still, the router won't allow it.

Any insights or advice appreciated. Let me know if there's any more information I need to supply.

Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX15 Won't Assign Static IP (R6400 Would)

Hello PapaBear47,

I would suggest contacting our support team to look into this further. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
PapaBear47
Aspirant

Christian, thanks for your response. As it happens, about the time you posted I solved the problem ("solved" = "something I threw at the wall finally stuck"). Apparently, even with WiFi turned off the phone had enough connection to the router that the address couldn't be changed; when I powered the phone off and added its MAC address manually, the address assignment worked. I don't remember having to do this with the R6400, but that was some time ago

Don't know whether this merits addition to a knowledge base or FAQ, but in my case it's resolved.

Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi PapaBear47, 

Thanks for getting back with an update! Happy to hear you got it resolved. 

Best regards,

Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7