× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX15 can stream YouTube TV on ROKU TV but not Amazon Prime or Netflix video

metrosport
Aspirant

RAX15 can stream YouTube TV on ROKU TV but not Amazon Prime or Netflix video

can stream YouTube TV on ROKU TV but not Amazon Prime or Netflix video.. all work on my other router but get the same message that video is not available now on netgear

Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX15 can stream YouTube TV on ROKU TV but not Amazon Prime or Netflix video

What modem are you using? (model number)

Firmware on your RAX15? 

Message 2 of 8
metrosport
Aspirant

Frontier

Arris.. NVG4438

Message 3 of 8
metrosport
Aspirant

firmware.. up to date

Message 4 of 8
plemans
Guru

That device is a modem router combo device. Putting you in a double nat which can cause issues with some streaming services.
options?
1. put the arris in modem only mode. contact your isp or arris about doing that.
2. put the netgear in AP (access point) mode. This disables routing features on the netgear and leaves the arris managing routing.
3. put the netgear's ip address in the Arris's device DMZ. again, consult your isp or manual for arris to do this.
Message 5 of 8
CaptainB
Tutor

I have a RAX15 and it is definately not a modem/router, it is a wireless Router.  I have the CM1000 modem connected to Comcast cable and am getting ~400Gbps down and ~18 Gps up as measured by Comcast.  I have had no problems watching Netflix or streaming XM music with these two devices.

Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

@CaptainB wrote:

I have a RAX15 and it is definately not a modem/router, it is a wireless Router.  I have the CM1000 modem connected to Comcast cable and am getting ~400Gbps down and ~18 Gps up as measured by Comcast.  I have had no problems watching Netflix or streaming XM music with these two devices.

Did you read the posts? 

The OP has a Arris NVG4438 which is a modem/router combo device.

They don't have your setup with RAX15 and a cm1000. 

so there wasn't much/any benefit from your post. 

Message 7 of 8
CaptainB
Tutor

@plemans wrote:

@CaptainB wrote:

Did you read the posts? 

The OP has a Arris NVG4438 which is a modem/router combo device.

They don't have your setup with RAX15 and a cm1000. 

so there wasn't much/any benefit from your post. 

You're right, I didn't read and comprehend.  I guess that I'm more of a full sentence type of guy.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7