× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX20 Wireless Schedule Bug

HKGer
Aspirant

RAX20 Wireless Schedule Bug

RAX20 Wireless Schedule issue.

A firmware bug found on V1.0.11.112_2.0.77. I read the user manual (don't ask me to read again) and set the schedule to turn off Wi-Fi signal in the mid-night. The bug is the router still keep Wi-Fi "signal ON" in mid-night and but Wi-Fi "signal OFF" in the morning.

I guess the possible root cause would be time zone, that means router time and my real time does not synchronize. I set the Hong Kong Region in the router setting (Basic -> Wireless setup -> Region Selection). Someone may not know the time zone of that sesame place, but you guys must know that where is your boss Mr. Lo from.

2 more suggestions, 1. add a real time display in the router setting, and 2. add a Wi-Fi "signal ON/OFF" software button in the Nightawk app (RAX20 is really bad design without hardware and software button to ON/OFF Wi-Fi signal).

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: RAX20 Wireless Schedule Bug

Have you ever tried to change the Time Zone to GMT +08:00 ?

image_2022_09_26T01_29_56_485Z.png

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies

Have you ever tried to change the Time Zone to GMT +08:00 ?

image_2022_09_26T01_29_56_485Z.png

Message 2 of 4

BTW, the wireless region you changed is Wi-Fi region only. nothing to do with time zone. 

Message 3 of 4
HKGer
Aspirant

Thanks for your time and help.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7