× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX200 1.0.2.98 Firmware

RajaDaja
Luminary

RAX200 1.0.2.98 Firmware

Did anyone update their RAX200 to 1.0.2.98 firmware? If so, is everything working as it should? Thanks

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 32

Accepted Solutions
JohnDiV
Star

I still have IPV6 issues. Reloaded firmware 1.0.2.8. This was the last update that work for IPV6. The latest updates have IPV6 issues.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 32

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I did yesterday and so far so good.  I always do a factory reset after an update and this time I set it up with smart connect off and my internet surfing speed has greatly increased.

Message 2 of 32
PLG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone had any issues with the router’s Real-Time clock since upgrading to v98

The router clock no longer updates with the result scheduling does not take place at the appropriate time.

I have completely reset the router to default parameters after the update, but the clock is set to some random time and stuck even when the NTP server is changed and/or the time zone is reset. I suspect it is something to do with NETGEAR’s automatic time zone detection algorithm. Is there any way to switch that off?

I have had issues with Attached Devices page no updating properly. Indicating devices are attached when they have been off for hours.

Message 3 of 32
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You're right.  It's 1100 am local here on the 4th and the NTP set at Netgear shows 0930 on the 3rd.  I always set the correct time zone but never paid attention to the time.  more than a day off.

Message 4 of 32
JohnDiV
Star

I still have IPV6 issues. Reloaded firmware 1.0.2.8. This was the last update that work for IPV6. The latest updates have IPV6 issues.
Message 5 of 32
RajaDaja
Luminary

Yes, just noticed yesterday, Xbox showed only ipv4, I knew that I had set ipv6 up correctly after installing the new firmware. So anyway, once again crappy firmware from Netgear. I’m back to the beta firmware I got from Christian_R
Message 6 of 32
Kris82
Star

I updated the firmware over the weekend. Yesterday I noticed that the date on the router was wrong. I had the NTP server set to Netgear's default. I switched to another one, but it made no difference. I rebooted the router and saw that the date got corrected. But some time later I saw the time was frozen to the time I rebooted the router. This morning when I logged into the router again, I saw the date was still set to yesterday and the time was still set to the time of the router reboot. All entries in the log were set to the same date/time. I strongly suspect the updated firmware caused the problem.

Message 7 of 32
JohnDiV
Star

How do you Check and set the time? Where can I find it on the menus?

Thanks
Message 8 of 32
Kris82
Star

Log into the administrator interface, then Advanced => Administration => NTP Settings. 

You can't set the time directly, but you can specify the time zone and NTP server, as well as seeing what date/time the router thinks it is.

Message 9 of 32
JohnDiV
Star

Yep along with IPV6 issues
Message 10 of 32
Kris82
Star

Yeah, I just saw your posts on them. I'm preparing to do a factory reset, then restoral of my settings, to see if this fixes the date/time issue, since I can't see how to reach Netgear to get them to fix their faulty update (my ISP hasn't gone to IPV6 yet). But it's too hot for me to fool around with this now.

Message 11 of 32
JohnDiV
Star

Yes the dates are wrong.  Also I am not sure if the IPV6 issues is connected to that or it is the  same ongoing issue from firmware 1.0.2.88 on. I the clock was OK until the 1.0.2.98 update which killed the clock. It all worked up to and including firmware update 1.0.2.8. So as Netgear pushes out updates they are adding more and more problems without fixing existing issues.  Bad Software/Hardware Quality Control.  No more Netgear for me. I just went and brought an ASUS GT-AX11000 gaming router.  No problems at all. So easy to set up and IPV6 runs without a hitch.  Now using the RAX200 as an Access Point which IPV6 setting are not used only the main router setting connected to the access point need it.   An expensive access point at that.  But I am stuck with it. The product return  period has came and gone.  Netgear support kept telling me they will resolve the issue.  Well it is 4 months and 3 firmware updates later still bad IPV6  including a bad clock.  I need and use IPV6 . Your provider will be going to it soon.  They might already have it but you will never know if you are trying to connect with the RAX200 or any RAX routers with the same firmware update.  If you have an older Netgear router like the 8000 or 8000P they still work on IPV6. Maybe your provider might have it IPV6.  Supposedly all the providers now support it in one form or another.

John

Message 12 of 32
LD100
Guide

Indeed, just checked IP6 and it was OK, but that was not the case the last time I checked; seems to have a mind of its own.

One time it will show a IP6 address, check back later...nothing.

Time issue seems to be always wrong, if it states the right time in the log, just wait, it will go way off.

These issues don't currently affect me, but hey, it's a 500-600 hundred dollar electronic device, lets get the bugs out

of the firmware please!

It didn't have any problems right out of the box with the older firmware, I was very happy with the performance.

Perhaps some more intensive beta testing of these firmware updates may be prudent. Smiley Surprised

Message 13 of 32
JohnDiV
Star

Hi ,

Yes it did the same to me.  I found that if I loaded the new firmware it worked as long as I did not reboot the computer or let it  go into sleep mode. When it came out of sleep mode it would not work 90% of the time. But firmware 1.0.2.8 works perfect.  That's why I rolled it back. 

But  I now have an ASUS 11000 router and no problems at all and it is a great router and a bit cheaper than the RAX boat anchor.  I have been a Netgear man for over 20 years. Neatgear as been around from about 1996 out of California  Yea I am almost 70 years old and a gamer and a computer nerd. LOL. Built my first computer in 1972.  At that time we had one color monitor then it went to 4 colors and a whopping 10MB hard drive with 640KB of internal memory. No Internet. We still went to the Library and made a phones calls that cost a a nickle to a dime at the corner phone booth LMAO. 

And I am getting off the subject. Try Asus or look into them for your next router. Netgear still makes the best Modems. 

Message 14 of 32
Kris82
Star

Thanks, John. I've also had ASUS routers but was giving Netgear a chance. Can you tell me where I can get 1.0.2.8 so I can try the same fix?

I've been working with computers since the mid 80s, though I started when I was nearly 30. Nowadays I just want the bloody things to work! 😉

Message 15 of 32
JohnDiV
Star

HI,

Just go to the Netgear Support Web site and type in the model number.  Then select downloads.  There you will see the latest download (CRAP).  There will also see a list of stuff, but at the bottom of the list your will see previous versions and select that. Sometimes they do not show previous versions but there is a small down arrow at the bottom of the list , select that if it is there.  Look for firmware update 1.0.2.8.

That is the one that last worked.  Hope it fixes it for you.  Keep an eye for a latter download to come maybe they will fix all the issues. (But do not hold your breath) LOL

Good Luck

Message 16 of 32
Kris82
Star

Perfect! Thanks very much, John, I owe you!

Message 17 of 32
RichDewees
Apprentice

I updated a long time ago to 1.0.2.98, but now the website has the latest firmware as 1.0.2.88?  What's up with that?  The .98 update worked out fine for me and seems rock solid.

Message 18 of 32
SeanWangTaiwan
Aspirant

@RajaDaja wrote:

Did anyone update their RAX200 to 1.0.2.98 firmware? If so, is everything working as it should? Thanks

ipv6 function still broken...

Message 19 of 32
Yousef
Tutor

I was about to write a new thread but while this one explaining exactly my issue i wasnt expect to be router firmware ! i was update it too 1.0.2.98 and it was just fine till last 5 days the internet was tottaly not stable i thought its becuase of the internet providers they came and change the modem lol anyway i cant now believe any updates from netgear they release that last update now they return to last pervious one, i will re download today and see i hope my internet connections  will be stable.

Message 20 of 32
Kris82
Star

Loaded V1.0.2.102_1.0.56 today, it appears to have fixed the time issue. I haven't noticed any problems in the hour or so since I installed it, bt of course it's early days

Message 21 of 32
roger1955
Apprentice

Thanks,
Installed early AM, did a restore to default afterwards. Set it up, did some checks, we’ll see.........
Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router, RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 22 of 32
roger1955
Apprentice

Router went offline after f/w update. Rebooted with do issues all day. Early evening while watching Apple+ the picture just froze. I check Netflix, amazon prime apps and they would not load. My tv is hardwired, I checked my phone with wi-if enabled and nothing would load. Router lights were white indicating everything thing was fine but this $500 piece of crap lost all routing functionality! Downgraded to 1.0.2.8 which has been rock solid for the most part. I tell ya..........
Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router, RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 23 of 32
Yousef
Tutor

So biscally its the same last update and the same issue i will not update till be sure the next firmware will be 100% fine this router is good but whois hundle the update parts cannot mange it well!  so bad this company can do much better than stuck on this silly updates, the update should be fix something not shut down the hole internet in your house.

Message 24 of 32
Kris82
Star

It's now the next day, more than 12 hours since I updated, the time shown on the router continues to be correct, although the log showed epoch time at around 1:41 this morning (serveral entries for 1/1/1970). But the stream of wrong entries stopped and the time was correct when I logged in at 7:35.

I can't speak to any other issues with the router, I haven't experienced any (so far).

Message 25 of 32
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 13 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7