× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX200 1.0.2.98 Firmware

PLG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Loaded V1.0.2.102_1.0.56. NTP time now working but but stuck at Date Line West time. Cannot set to local time zone or for Daylight Saving. Reverted back to V88. Did a hard reset and reloaded V102. Still unable to set to local time zone or for daylight Saving. Reload V88 config file on top of V102. Time now set to Local Time zone but GUI still indicates that router is set to Date Line West and unable to change. Left router in that state. Probably now going over to ASUS. At least their update releases appear to clear bugs rather than create new ones!

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 26 of 32
JohnDiV
Star

HI,  I went to the Asus GT-AX 11000 and it works great no problems what so ever. I us the RAX200 piece of **bleep** as an Access Point now.  An expensive AP what it does work well as the AP.   I gave up on Netgear 2 firmware updates ago.

Good Luck 

Message 27 of 32
PLG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Many thanks for the advice. I'll look out for the router.

Cheers

Message 28 of 32
Yousef
Tutor

Whats the point you want to edit the time zone in the router my router location USA and I am not living in USA , so that doesn't matter not sure why you want to edit timezone or what's the purpose, the question is is the last update is stable and I can update without fear of having a failed update again I can't keep thinking all night and morning I have kids I don't want to stop or lag thier class because of silly update that actually should be tested and helpful please let me know for whom they already update it.
Message 29 of 32
NetJoe
Tutor

What you describe is exactly what occured to me with the previous firmware.  I gave up on the router and returned because I could dedicate more time for  a correction.  If it happens again, because it did happen as you describe with your slow downs to me on all streaming devices on wired connections and internet speeds on wifi as well and with the old firmware after about a week... check your internet connection properties and see what the connectivity speed is.  Mine went from a gigabit connection down to a 100 kb connection.  I can only assume all devices suffered the same issue causing such massive slow downs.

Message 30 of 32
Kris82
Star

The problem I experienced, which this version of the firmware fixed (102_1.0.56), was that the time on the router was locked to the date/time of the last reboot. This meant every entry in the log had the same date/timestamp, making it nearly impossible to read the log. That problem has been fixed in this latest update, and my router has been stable since the update.  However, others have experienced problems after installing it, therefore YMMV.

Message 31 of 32
Yousef
Tutor

So basically it's safe to update to this version and the issue each update effect the mesh systems also before the update the mesh was giving higher speed now with each new firmware I need to double check the speed for each mesh device , what I am sure about it the netgear devices is almost perfect but the issue with the firmware not very pro in this part and not even looking better.
Message 32 of 32
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 13 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7