× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 1.0.2.98 firmware problems

kevinluo1990
Tutor

RAX200 1.0.2.98 firmware problems

All the problems I'm going to mention below have been exsisting since Match 2019 and need to be fixed.

1. The router "smart connect" seems like doesn't work, because it shows 2.4, 5-1 and 5-2 separately. It used to be 2.4 and 5 GHz only.

2. Either the app or router messed up the connection type of the devices. Some of my wireless devices shows as wired and vice versa.

3. Some of my smart devices can't connect to the WiFi even though it shows connected Via the app. For example, Bose sound bar, Bose Bluetooth adapter, and Shark IQ smart vacuum. This problem started from the firmware in March 2019 until now.

Netgear please dont tell me to do factory reset. Because it doesn't work, and I don't want to do it for every single time when you launch a new firmware. Since I have 50+ smart devices, it takes a lot of time to do it. And as an internet devices company you should do a better job.
2. Don't refer me to your useless calling center at India. Last time too me couple of hours, and finally told me to do factory reset. Are you kidding me? You should find a better way to solve your mess thought more efficient way. Go get someone to learn how to improve customer service from Chinese company. I could chat with their technicians (real person) I could let them remotely check my device settings, if there is any bugs they will record it and try to solve it with the next firmware (usually not going to take couple months).

I spent 600$ on this, I expected it should work as you described.
Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX200 1.0.2.98 firmware problems

Hello kevinluo1990,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have the information forwarded to our product teams for review.

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
kevinluo1990
Tutor

Re: RAX200 1.0.2.98 firmware problems

Thank you for your replay. And I just found another bug about the guest wifi name.

For example, I set up my own wifi with name "ABC", and Guest wifi Name "DEF". And when I enable the guest wifi via Mobile App, the guest wifi name will automatically changed to "ABC- guest-2.4G" or "ABC- guest-5G" accordingly. It is works fine if I enable the guest wifi via webpage. I've tried multiple times.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7