× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX200 2.5G Port LED in Amber Despite 1Gbps Switch Connection

Martin1781
Aspirant

RAX200 2.5G Port LED in Amber Despite 1Gbps Switch Connection

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me solve why the LED for port 5 on the RAX200 is flashing in amber/orange when I have a ggiabit switch connected to it.

To be clear, I have gigabit switches connected to all ports 1-5 on the router.  The LEDs for ports 1-4 all blink in white indicating active traffic at the 1Gbs link speed.  Port 5, however, blinks in amber (indicating activity at the 100Mbps or 10Mbps link speed according to the manual).  If I swap any of the connections from ports 1-4 to port 5, port 5 still blinks in amber even though that same connection was blinking white when connected to any of ports 1-4.

Likewise, if I move the cable that is currently connected to port 5 (which is blinking amber) and move it to any of ports 1-4, that connection blinks white indicating a 1Gbs connection.  So I know none of my switches and none of my cables are the issue.

Finally, I have a desktop PC connected to the gigabit switch that is currently connected to port 5. Running an internet speed test on that pc yields results of approximately 900mbps up and down (I have Fios Gigabit service). So it seems the switch has made a 1Gbps connection to the router on port 5 but for whatever reason, port 5 insists on blinking in amber (indicating activity at the 100Mbps or 10Mbps link speed according to the manual).

In case it matters, I currently have "Internet Port (1Gbps)" selected for my "WAN preference" under "Internet Setup."

Any insights/fixes as to why the port led 5 is blinking in amber when it seemingly has a 1Gbps connection to a gigabit switch would be greatly appreciated.  I have already done a factory reset in case that matters and same behavior as described above.

Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX200 2.5G Port LED in Amber Despite 1Gbps Switch Connection

Hi Martin1781, 

I'd like for our support team to look into this further. If you wish to be contacted, may you send me a private message with your email, contact info, and serial number. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7