× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 5ghz password problems

wingdam
Star

RAX200 5ghz password problems

After working flawlessly for the last month, all my 5ghz equipment (phone,echo, cameras,etc.) dropped off with the msg incorrect password. I rebooted the router same thing, I then changed the 5ghz passwords, saved changes and then reverted to the old password and saved again. everything then worked and connected. Anyone have any idea whats going on? I'm using the latest firmware 

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX200 5ghz password problems

Hello wingdam, 

Thanks for posting. Would you mind letting us know the current firmware version of the router. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
wingdam
Star

V1.0.1.12_1.0.41

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@wingdam - Thanks for confirming. I have sent you a message. 

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
Jason0
Aspirant

I have the same router and have the exact same problem. Just bought this and set it up. Worked perfect for a couple of weeks. Now all of a sudden today started kicking out all devices and saying that password is invalid. I dissabled smart connect and connected most devices back to 5 ghz band and so far that works but now nothing will connect to 2.4 ghz band. None of my smart home devices. Says invalid. I paid $600 for this thing. This is absoluely unacceptable. It is updated to the latest firmware. 1.0.2.98_1.0.54

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7