× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 Circle not seeing traffic

jkula1971
Aspirant

RAX200 Circle not seeing traffic

I'm having ongoing issues with the Nighthawk AX12 router and Circle.  I have used the external circle before with an older netgear so I know how it's supposed to work.  My AX12 seems to be running circle fine and then I'll look at not one single machine is showing any usage (given I have about 40 active devices at any point in time, this is wrong). 

In the circle app, usage shows zero minutes, however history is showing sites being visited.  Reboot of the router doens't always clear this.  I'm on the latest firmware as of this morning and running the latest circle app.

Is anyone else experienceing this?  I'm going to post to circle as well... I'm paying for something that seems to work about 20% of the time.

Looking for suggestions.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX200 Circle not seeing traffic

Hi jkula1971, 

May you try reinstalling the Circle app and performing a factory reset on the router.

Christian 

Message 2 of 8
Jhane_C
Initiate

I’m experiencing the same problem here. I reboot my nighthawk RAX200 couple times, reset, delete and reinstall circle app but still showing no devices connected no history and 0minutes used. I have like 20 devices connected to the wifi.
Message 3 of 8
jkula1971
Aspirant

I've tried this. The prior version of firmware had a similar issue but a reboot of the router would fix it, with the latest version of firmware I get nothing.  All profiles show as zero minutes.  Reboots, resets and reinstalls of app don't help.  To me it seems like either traffic isn't being intercepted, or if it is the circle app on the router isn't either getting the data or maybe format changed and it's not understanding it.

I have an open case with Circle as well and they said that other customers have the issue but they have no fix at this point.  Engineering is currently looking at it.

Message 4 of 8
Jhane_C
Initiate

I did reboot mi wifi router as well and didn’t fix it. Do have to reboot to old firmware?
Message 5 of 8
jcKestel1
Aspirant

My RAX75 (Costco's version of the RAX80) is having the exact same issue. We have been using Circle with no issues but I think it started happening after that last firmware update.

Kepp us updated if your starts working, i stopped my Circle premium account until they figure out the issue.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 6 of 8
jkula1971
Aspirant

I would never revert to an older version of firmware.  You will just be reintroducing other issues they fixed (often stability), and worse if there were security patches you are opening holes back up.  I would sit tight and wait for a new firmware update.  I've been told the issue is with engineering at this point so I hope they have a hotfix in a few weeks.

Message 7 of 8
jkula1971
Aspirant

Interesting that you see the issue on the AX8, I'm seeing it on the AX12 so my guess is the entire AX line has an issue. I hope a fix comes quick as these are their flagship routers...

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7