× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 Firmware update 1.0.2.88 causing IPV6 issues

JohnDiV
Star

RAX200 Firmware update 1.0.2.88 causing IPV6 issues

RAX200 Firmware update 1.0.2.88 causing IPV6 issues. After the 1.0.2.88 update in May the IPV6 will not autodetect, autoconfigure ect… WAN and/or LAN addresses causing IPV6 to fail IPV6 tests. No IPV6 present. Even after acquiring addresses and other information from my ISP provider, Xfinity, it still failed. Reinstalled previous version 1.0.2.8 and IPV6 came back with no problems. Just check your IPV6 by testing it to see if you lost it. My older Netgear routers work just fine so I know it was specific to my RAX200 and the firmware update 1.0.2.88.

I contacted Netgear technical support and they said basically IPV6 is not used unless it runs out of addresses in IPV4 or something like that. It made no sense at all. Obviously, the Technical Expert had no Idea about what I was talking about or the use of IPV6. When I did find out how to get the IPV6 back by going reverting back to the previous version of the firmware I contacted Netgear Technical Support to give them a heads up. They had no Idea about it. I found the resolution on a similar sounding board for the RAX200 and a few other router models that had the same update version causing IPV6 issues. I do not think Netgear really knows of these issue. Why? I believe there are Quality Control issues and lack of knowledge their support team has. At least that has been my experience the few times I needed help. I know the individuals I talked to had very little expert experience except for do a reset or a factory reset or contact you provider. Never call them on a weekend or at night you will get poor support. They are friendly but somewhat clueless.
Just a heads up!!

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX200 Firmware update 1.0.2.88 causing IPV6 issues

You're not the first to run into that issue 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/RAX200-Firmware-Version-1-0-2-88-b...

I know they (netgear) are aware of the issue and working on a fix. but that's all I know. No eta on the fix. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7