× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX200 Mesh?

StephenMA
Aspirant

RAX200 Mesh?

Is the RAX200 a Mesh system? I have the EAX80 extender, which is a mesh extender, but can't seem to determine if the RAS200 router is mesh (or even if it matters)...?

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

The SB8200 and the RAx support link aggregation. Are you using it? if so, disable it. its been known to be problematic for boht devices.

Another thing to try is to simplify. Remove the EAX and just run router and modem. If you still have the issue, then directly connect to the modem and run it for a while to see if you still have the issue.

The SB8200 also has modem connections page. you can take a screen of that and it shows the connection back to the ISP

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

The RAX200 isn't a mesh system. The EAX is a mesh extender but paired together they're not a full mesh system. that'd be something like orbi. 

Message 2 of 7
StephenMA
Aspirant

Will Mesh be better via the Orbi than the RAX200? I keep getting drops with the RAX200 via my current extender system, which bugs me as the RAX 200 is an expensive router and I didn't expect those kinds of problems....

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

What modem are you using? 

are both wireless and wired dropping? 

Is it only the devices connected to the extender dropping? 

What firmware is on each? 

Is it specific devices dropping? 

Message 4 of 7
StephenMA
Aspirant

SB8200 3.1. I can't tell if its my ISP (Cox) that has the hickup or my router. I think it's Cox because I usually have to reset everything to get it back up and running... Frustrating....

Message 5 of 7
StephenMA
Aspirant

When i say have to reset everything, mainly mean rebooting the SB8200....

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

The SB8200 and the RAx support link aggregation. Are you using it? if so, disable it. its been known to be problematic for boht devices.

Another thing to try is to simplify. Remove the EAX and just run router and modem. If you still have the issue, then directly connect to the modem and run it for a while to see if you still have the issue.

The SB8200 also has modem connections page. you can take a screen of that and it shows the connection back to the ISP

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7