× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX200 NTP Time Frozen

Retired_Member
Not applicable

RAX200 NTP Time Frozen

Anyone else have a frozen time and date in the NTP time section?  Mine is frozen on Monday the 3rd at 0930 when I did the .98 FW update.  I always do a paper clip reset after an update but for some reason the current time is frozen.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 26
dglsmcd_USMC
Luminary

Will update my RAX 200 and see if I can duplicate your issue.

Message 2 of 26
daweidu
Star

mine is frozen two.

Message 3 of 26
jcax
Star

This appears to be a bug introduced with the .98 firmware. Other models (including mine) affected. Some have downgraded back to previous firmware and confirmed it.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 4 of 26
dglsmcd_USMC
Luminary

No problem here with the 98 firmware updatee-NTP functions normally-not sure what the fix is....

Message 5 of 26
dglsmcd_USMC
Luminary

Ok, spoke too soon as I have now successfully broke the NTP setting with firmware 98 Smiley Sad Trying to troubleshoot to see if there is a workaround fix-will update later

Message 6 of 26
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Semper Fi

Message 7 of 26
psychopomp123
Luminary

Yep, also getting the same issue here on V1.0.2.98_1.0.54 on my RAX200. I've noticed even using a third party NTP server (eg pool.ntp.org) no longer works on this firmware. Come on Netgear, sort this bug out!

Message 8 of 26
pb44
Aspirant

I can get mine to get a correct time on reboot using time.google.com  but the date and time freezes.   All log entries ave same time.  This is fruatrating it keeps bring my network down.  Firmware V1.0.2.98_1.0.54

Message 9 of 26
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Nighthawk AX Users, 

I have forwarded the feedback to our product teams for further investigation. I'll update the thread with further details as soon as I can. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 10 of 26
MEZIANI
Aspirant

Hello,

There are critical bugs on this version :

• NTP
  • Wifi instability with Smart Connect (router reset required)

When will we have a release version, please?

Message 11 of 26
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MEZIANI,

Our product teams are currently working on a new firmware version. We do not have an ETA on the next firmware version update.

Regards,

Christian 

Message 12 of 26
Synomenon
Star

Mine isn't frozen, but when I change the time zone to MY time zone and hit apply, it changes back to the default (I think mid-west time zone).

Message 13 of 26
Synomenon
Star

Sorry, I wish we were able to edit our posts here.

After the update, when I go to:

Advanced -> Administration -> NTP Settings

when I change "Time Zone" my time zone (GMT -8:00 Pacific Time) and check the box to "Automatically adjust for daylight savings time"

THEN hit the Apply button, the page will come back up after with Time Zone set back to (GMT - 12:00 International Date Line West) and "Automatically adjust for daylight savings time" unchecked.

Message 14 of 26
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Synomenon,

Does the issue persist when reverting back to the previous firmware version? 

Christian 

Message 15 of 26
Cobaltikus
Initiate

Same here. This is why bedtimes aren't working in Circle!
Message 16 of 26
Alex_Chile
Initiate

Exactly. My son missed his online classes because the Circle didn't allow him.
Message 17 of 26
Synomenon
Star

@Christian_R wrote:

Hi Synomenon,

Christian 

I'm going to attempt rolling the firmware back to v1.0.2.88 tonight to see if it fixes the time zone and NTP issues, however one of the issues I'm randomly experiencing (RAX200 loses internet connection with modem):

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/RAX200-Sometimes-requiring-full-re...

has happened with multiple firmware versions.

Message 18 of 26
Synomenon
Star

@Christian_R wrote:

Hi Synomenon,

Christian 

Reverting firmware to v1.0.2.88_1.0.50 fixed the time zone setting.  It now stays on Pacific time AND the checkbox to automatically adjust for daylight savings time stays checked.

I'll have to stay on this firmware for awhile to see if I still get the issue where the RAX200 will randomly lose its connection with the modem (LED on the internet connection light turning orange as well) requiring a factory reset to fix (I had experienced this issue with v1.0.2.98_1.0.54 and the version before it).

Message 19 of 26
AwesomeTaco
Aspirant

I have factory reset three times, and downgraded the firmware. The date and time is currently correct but only certin devices/services are working on the network. 

Some devices I can't go to webpages but I can remote into to them(Anydesk) or a service like battle.net connects at start. I can play games but again, webpages fail to load. I am guessing it is still some issue with the NTP. 

Currently on V1.0.2.88_1.0.50.

Message 20 of 26
ablogic
Initiate

Hi,

I confirm that reverting back to v1.0.2.88_1.0.50 fixed the time zone setting and the date/time freeze. It is quite unbelievable that even a simple date/time function on the router does not work anymore after a firmware upgrade. How confident to be on complex security functions the router is supposed to provide? I've been dealing with both Netgear and Bitdefender support for a month now to get Armor activated on the router after I bought a subscription.

I hope this type of things can be fixed quickly.

Message 21 of 26
AmbassadorfFunk
Initiate

Currently I have this:

Hardware VersionRAX200

Firmware VersionV1.0.2.98_1.0.54

GUI Language VersionV1.0.2.98_2.1.46.1

The time issue and the constant Network drops are terrible - I may move away from Netgear products based on these recent experiences. Any ideas as to when the next firmware will be released with these fixes?

My wife and I work from home with 2 kids doing remote learning - when the router stops working it is really disruptive.

Thoughts?

Message 22 of 26
dglsmcd_USMC
Luminary

New firmware out today-manual download not available. Install via the web gui or the nighthawk app.

Message 23 of 26
psychopomp123
Luminary

@dglsmcd_USMC wrote:

New firmware out today-manual download not available. Install via the web gui or the nighthawk app.

Eh? Manual download of latest firmware is available:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RAX200.aspx#Firmware%20Version%201.0.2.102

Message 24 of 26
dglsmcd_USMC
Luminary

That's good info not previously available-thanks

Message 25 of 26
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 13 kudos
  • 14 in conversation