× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX200 Orange wan light after rebooting it along with CM2000 via GUI

Kithron
Aspirant

RAX200 Orange wan light after rebooting it along with CM2000 via GUI

Hello All,

I have a strange issue. I've rebooted my new RAX200/CM2000 together via GUI and my RAX200 has an orange light for wan.

The only way to get to get it back to white is rebooting my CM2000 again, is there any known issues with DHCP with the RAX200 or CM2000?

I've just found it odd it doesn't reconnect automatically after reboot and mac cloning/ changing mac does not work for it.

Kithron

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

it might be the RAX rebooting faster than the CM2000 and not getting an ip adress right away. 

Have you tried powering both off, then powering up the cm2000 and giving it a couple minutes and then powering on the rax? 

Message 2 of 9

@plemans wrote:

it might be the RAX rebooting faster than the CM2000 and not getting an ip adress right away. 

This is exactly what happened to me. After power cuts the modem (a D6400 in modem only mode) was so slow to connect to the Internet that the R7800 attached to it timed out.

I installed a DM200 instead of the D6400.

It is well known  advice – straight out of the documentation – that the network boot order is important.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 3 of 9
Kithron
Aspirant

No, I have not tried that yet. I'll try it now and let you know the results.
@plemans wrote:

Have you tried powering both off, then powering up the cm2000 and giving it a couple minutes and then powering on the rax? 

Message 4 of 9
Kithron
Aspirant

I've just tried this and let the CM2000 boot up first and let it go online and then restart my my RAX200 after that and the same thing happened with the wan light going orange again. Only way I could fix it is to get the CM2000 to reboot and it went white after the first 10 seconds.
@Kithron wrote:

No, I have not tried that yet. I'll try it now and let you know the results.
@plemans wrote:

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

Usually you have to boot up the modem first. Interesting that it works that way with your device. 

wonder if its a function of using the 2.5g port on it. 

Does it do the same if the router is connected through the 1gig wan port? 

Message 6 of 9
Kithron
Aspirant

It doesn't matter which port I use. I've tried it on the multi-gig 2.5g/1g port and the internet port and the same behavior exists.
@plemans wrote:

Usually you have to boot up the modem first. Interesting that it works that way with your device. 

wonder if its a function of using the 2.5g port on it. 

Does it do the same if the router is connected through the 1gig wan port? 

Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

Hate to say it but so long as it works, I wouldn't worry about it.

Makes it a bit of a pain when power dies/flickers but if it bothers you enough, pick up a cheap UPS to prevent that from being an issue. 

Message 8 of 9
Kithron
Aspirant

Was planing to get a UPS in the future, it really doesn't bother me atm but I'll forward this to NG Support to let them know there an issue with this.
@plemans wrote:

Hate to say it but so long as it works, I wouldn't worry about it.

Makes it a bit of a pain when power dies/flickers but if it bothers you enough, pick up a cheap UPS to prevent that from being an issue. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7