× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200/RAX120 feature question

Jeston
Initiate

RAX200/RAX120 feature question

Hey guys. I'm looking at buying either the RAX120 or RAX200 but had a question regarding possible features. First thing I'm looking for us the ability to create a guest network. Is this possible? Second thing I'm looking to do is setup QoS on either a specific connection, or even the guest network as a whole. It seems that these are both possible with the Nighthawk Pro Gaming routers, but I'm looking at these two as I would like 802.11ax connectivity.
Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router, RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: RAX200/RAX120 feature question

@Jeston wrote:
First thing I'm looking for us the ability to create a guest network. Is this possible?

Yes.

Read the manuals.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation for the hardware.

Message 2 of 3
Jeston
Initiate

Re: RAX200/RAX120 feature question

Thanks for the help. Looks like this router only has very basic QoS and is missing several other features. Shame DumaOS isn't on these. Why would they put such a dated/stripped down firmware on a $400 router? I guess it's time to take a look at Asus' offerings. I've always been a Linksys fan since the WRT54GL so these brands are new to me.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7