× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 Reboot and NO IP Address

retiredat56
Aspirant

RAX200 Reboot and NO IP Address

I have an RAX200 WIFI router.  Whenever I reboot my RAX200 and modem, I cannot get an IP Address for any of my devices.  My PC will not reconnet and it says No Ethernet IP address.  My phone will not reconnect saying No IP Address.  I don't understand why the router will not reconnect automatically.  I reboot the router and modem together.  No Joy!  I reboot the modem first leaving the router off until the modem comes back up.  No Joy!  I reboot the router first leaving the router off until the router comes back up.  No Joy!  During these situations, I leave off my PC, or I leave it on.  Again, No Joy in any reboot sequence.  My only fix is to perform a Factory Reset on the RAX200.  This fixes the IP Address issue by running the setup on the router.  As it fixes the issue of No IP addresses on any my devices, I cannot believe this is what you should have to do each time your have to reboot the router.  HELP!!!!  What is the correct router reboot sequence without having to perform a router factory reset before I can get back up and running with IP address for my devices?  Tks, MIKE   

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 16
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX200 Reboot and NO IP Address

What modem/gateway do you have? 

Message 2 of 16
plemans
Guru

and what firmware is it on?
Message 3 of 16
retiredat56
Aspirant

Firmware is RAX200_V1.0.3.106_1.0.68  (I believe the latest)

Modem is an Arris SB8200

I've rebooted other routers and never consistantly lost the IP address for my devices.  I was even instructed to run IPCONFIG /RELEASE and IPCONFIG /RENEW off my PC to help fix the issue, but with no success.

Message 4 of 16
plemans
Guru

Are you using wan port aggregation? If so, disable it. The SB8200 has had issues with wan port aggregation. 

Message 5 of 16
retiredat56
Aspirant

Never turned on Ethernet Aggregation.  Confirmed it was disabled.

Message 6 of 16
plemans
Guru

In the SB8200's disabled as well? 

I've got both the SB8200 and the RAX200. 

I usually just boot up the sb8200, give it a few minutes to fully boot, then boot up the rax200. 

I'm even on the same firmware with the rax200

Message 7 of 16
retiredat56
Aspirant

I logged into my Arris SB8200 and confirmed that Link Aggration was disabled.  (I have never enabled it).

Message 8 of 16
plemans
Guru

Tried replacing the ethernet cord between the 2? 

Who's your isp?

Message 9 of 16
retiredat56
Aspirant

Cord replaced.  ISP is Comcast/Xfinity.

Rebooted my router again.  No IP address for any of my wireless items on my network when the router came back up.

Smiley Sad  

Message 10 of 16
plemans
Guru

Try downgrading the firmware on the router a version. Maybe its causing an issue with your seutp. 

Message 11 of 16
retiredat56
Aspirant

Bummer...  that didn't help at all.  Installed the previous 3 versions before 1.0.3.106...  1.0.3.102, 1.0.2.102 and 1.0.2.88 and kept getting the same "NO IP address" for any of my devices.  To isolate everything else, connected my PC directly into my modem, bypassing the router, and it connected right up.  I also picked up another router, a different brand, and my PC and devices all connected straight away.  Smiley Sad 

Message 12 of 16
plemans
Guru

2 things.

1. after changing firmware, did you try a factory reset? 

2. You can select the 2.5g port as wan port from within the settings. Try that to see if its a bad port. 

3. Or if that's not an option because you need the 2.5g port, if you go into the routers ip address/debug.htm  (192.168.1.1/debug.htm) there's a wan port mirror to lan port 1 option. Try using that to mirror the lan port to wan port 1.

Try option 2-3 to see if its a bad ethernet port. 

Message 13 of 16
retiredat56
Aspirant

1.  I believe I did a factory reset between most of the firmware reloads.

2.  I'm done testing/messing with this.  Should be called a Nightmare vice a Nighthawk.  I'll be contacting warranty returns for replacement hardware.  It really shoudn't be this hard after paying so much for this.  I major disappointment.  My first Netgear product and most likely my last.

Thanks for all your assistance in this matter.  Appreaciate your help trying to get things working, but seems like a big loosing battle!

Regards,

MIKE  

Message 14 of 16
nguyenthuyen
Aspirant

similar to the above case

I am using netgear Rax200 router.

I have tried updating the version 1.0.4.120 with the Nighthawk app, but a few times failed. May be Internet singalI. I tried restart again and then it was failed.

Now, Power LED is blinks slowly and continuously, the router firmware is corrupted. This happen while i am firmware update is interrupted, the router detects a problem with the firmware.

I can't login to the router with a PC, it does not have a WiFi signal to login by iPhone.

Pls help me!
Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 15 of 16
antinode
Guru

> similar to the above case

Not really.  See:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/2102220

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats