× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 - Sometimes requiring full reset after it stops functioning.

Synomenon
Star

RAX200 - Sometimes requiring full reset after it stops functioning.

A couple of times when adding things to the address reservation list then applying and saving, the RAX200 would suddenly drop its connection to the modem, LED on the internet connection light turning orange

Each time, I had to factory reset the RAX200 and reconfigure from scratch.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Message 1 of 2
RajaDaja
Luminary

Re: RAX200 - Sometimes requiring full reset after it stops functioning.

@Synomenon wrote:

A couple of times when adding things to the address reservation list then applying and saving, the RAX200 would suddenly drop its connection to the modem, LED on the internet connection light turning orange

Each time, I had to factory reset the RAX200 and reconfigure from scratch.

Has anyone else experienced this?

It's happen to me a few times, when it happened I tried power cycling the modem & the router but the internet light stayed amber. So I had to factory reset the first time it happened. When it happened again, I found that if I disconnect the Cat6 cable going to the modem, power down modem then the router for 3-4 mins. I then connect the Cat6, power back up the modem first, then the router, I had internet, this worked both times I tried it. Been running solid for almost a month on firmware I got from Christian_R    a Netgear Mod.

You can PM him, with  your S/N of your machine and a brief request for firmware. Good luck!

Model: CM1000-1AZNAS|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready, R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router, RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7