× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 Websites not loading

DrPhoggy
Tutor

RAX200 Websites not loading

I’m using the RAX 200, which has worked beautifully to this point, but I’ve recently had a problem where certain websites are not loading when connected to my home Wi-Fi network. The same websites load fine using cellular data and load fine when connected to other Wi-Fi networks (at work, for example). The problem is more severe when using Safari. I’ve rebooted the router, refreshed the internet through my ISP, and tried a variety of software settings on my iPhone. Nothing affects the problem. It seems there’s some issue with how the iPhone is communicating with the Netgear router.
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX200 Websites not loading

what modem/gateway do you have? 

What firmware is on the router? 

Do you have IPv6 enabled? 

have you tried a different dns server for both ipv4 and ipv6?

Message 2 of 5
DrPhoggy
Tutor

We have the standard Google Fiber modem, and the current firmware for the router V1.0.6.138. I don’t know about IPv6. I don’t see a setting for that specifically on the Nighthawk app, so I apologize for my uncertainty about that.
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

what standard google modem is it? 

try enabling ipv6. Its done through the browser and not the app. 

How do I set up an IPv6 Internet connection on my Nighthawk router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 4 of 5
DrPhoggy
Tutor

I’ll have to do some searching on the modem specifics. Sorry about that! It was updated by Google Fiber 18 months ago .

I’ve tried IPv6, and that seems to be improving things already. Thank you! I will continue to monitor it. I wasn’t sure about the settings, so I chose Auto Detect.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7