× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 always crashes when transmitting 900mbps+ (wirelessly only) for more than 10 seconds

dmturner
Aspirant

RAX200 always crashes when transmitting 900mbps+ (wirelessly only) for more than 10 seconds

This router performs normally with light traffic until it transmits more data. You can stay connected to the network for a bit but even the router's internal web interface will not load. Then you have to power it off and on to connect. This issue only happens with wireless, not wired.

Sometimes after powering it back on after this, the max throughput is limited to ~475mbps both wired and wireless.

Maybe unrelated but also when connected with an ax 2x2 client, a few feet away in line of sight, the signal quality bounces between 1gbps to 2.4gpbs which seems more unstable than my ac router at a close distance.

Router configuration is default except:
- WAN set to aggregate two ethernet ports connected to an mb8600. This works initially but after the crash it will failover to only one port until the modem is reset again.

Has anyone else run into this? TIA

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX200 always crashes when transmitting 900mbps+ (wirelessly only) for more than 10 seconds

have you tried to see if the issue happens if you're not running wan port aggregation? I've seen issues with arris running wan port aggregation on my RAX200.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX200 always crashes when transmitting 900mbps+ (wirelessly only) for more than 10 seconds

have you tried to see if the issue happens if you're not running wan port aggregation? I've seen issues with arris running wan port aggregation on my RAX200.

Message 2 of 4
dmturner
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice, I should have tested that initially.

That actually resolved the crashing immediately during a speedtest.net test.

It would be great to be able to use the bonding feature but I know none of these ax11000 routers are very well supported yet.

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Sadly its not isolated to RAX. My netgear cm1100 worked fine with port aggregation but my arris wouldn't. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7