× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX200 attached devices

Fearphil
Aspirant

RAX200 attached devices

My attached device list shows devices that are not even connected. i.e....There are known (i know the MACs) devices still showing on the list even through i dont use them anymore.

My old router (R7000) would only show if devices were physically connected, buy now it just shows them connected all the time.

Anyone having this issue?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
tonykeyser
Guide

Same issue here...I run Docker containers from my NAS. The MAC get rotated randomly each time I stop and start the containers. These devices/MACs are still showing up in my "Attached Devices" list despite them no longer being connected. Could be a glitch with the most recent firmware update?

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 2 of 11
Fearphil
Aspirant

Latest firmware (V1.0.2.92_1.0.50) updated, and the issue is still there. Connect a device once and it stays on the list regardless if it's connected to the network or not. Support then requested a factory reset which again didn't resolve the issue.

Any thoughts?

Message 3 of 11
tonykeyser
Guide

Same story here. I was about to go as far as the factory reset after finding the firmware update to V1.0.2.92_1.0.50 didn't work for me either. A factory reset will only reset with the most recent firmware, hence the issue likely remaining. Someone may want to try rolling  back prior to 1.0.2.88 to see if NG broke the Matrix with that last major firmware update. They did improve the device list in that release...

RAX200 Firmware Version 1.0.2.88

New Features and Enhancements:

• Supports NETGEAR Armor
  • Supports NETGEAR Circle parental control
  • Improves the device type and model detection
  • Includes dashboard enhancements to support CPU/Memory utilization indication
  • Supports OFDMA enable/disable per radio

Bug Fixes:

• Fixes security issues.
Message 4 of 11
kgowen
Aspirant

Same issue here.   For as much money I spent on this router, it should be supported a bit bettter.   BEtween this and the 5gh drops on some of my camera, I am regretting this purchase

Message 5 of 11
Ragetti
Tutor

I am still seeing this problem too, even after upgrading to the latest firmware. I also have issues where a wires device shows as wired.

Does anyone else have a fix for this yet?

Message 6 of 11
SSgt93
Tutor

I’m having this issue as well.

I’m going to say that my decision to try Netgear instead of ASUS this go around has been a bad one. Paying for security that is subpar, and (was) paying for Circle which flat out sucks has been an unpleasant experience. I actually feel like I’ve gone back in time with this router compared to all of the standard features included with my old ASUS GT-5300 ROG router. I’m considering ditching this and going to the AX-11000. I should have researched more before buying. I’m also losing more signal range and strength over the air than my old ASUS.
Message 7 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Nighthawk AX Users,

If you're still experiencing issues with the attached devices list, please send me a private message with your email address and serial number. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 8 of 11
Armorgen99
Aspirant

Hi,

Some of my devices are showing as wired , but they are in fact wireless.
I'm also not sure this is updating correctly as I have noticed that the device count remains the same if I check from day to day and I know some devices are powered down.
Can you please confirm if this is a common issue?
Is there another way to get the IP address of a device other than the attached option? as I sometimes need to look up an IP address of a device using its make of mac address and I believe with the attached device option be not refreshing correctly then I’m seeing the old IP address instead of new one.

Thanks
Colm

And

Happy Christmas.

Message 9 of 11
OttoNorthe
Initiate

Webbased page shows zero devices connected, where at least 2 NAS, 2 printers and several other devices are, and do get data from each other and from internet.

Absolutely helpless. Cannot check anything anymore.

Looking at "show devices currently not connected" shows me all the devices that factually  a r e  connected. Restarted the router, updated Software, nothing doing.

Message 10 of 11
LofgrenD
Aspirant

Still have this ...

On mine some devices are showing (seems like the iphones etc are showing). 

But the wired computer, the computer on wifi, the access-point etc are not showing in device list nor when I go through setting a fixed IP for them. Sometimes some devices have shown there but not in the device list. 

Oh, and of course all the connected (but not showing) devices are working with good throughput.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7