× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 displays "Invalid IP Address. Please Change it"

chadnseng
Aspirant

RAX200 displays "Invalid IP Address. Please Change it"

Today experienced loss of wifi connection to Internet. Looked in router and found WPA/WPA2 encryption had been enabled on the router.

When I disabled it, and tried to apply I got "Invalid IP Address. Please Change it" error and change cannot be committed.

I did no changes to any LAN/WAN settings and am at a loss.

I rebooted the router and tried to connect over a couple of computers/browsers to see if it made a difference and does not.

I have a fair number of firewall rules so don't really want to have to redo these if I wipe the router.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks.

Chad

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
chadnseng
Aspirant

Re: RAX200 displays "Invalid IP Address. Please Change it"

Fortunately I was able to find the solution.

The "Nighthawk Mobile App" overwrote security settings and applied the Wireless security. It also let me restore all three radios as needed.

I still do not know where the Invalid IP Address error came into play.

Solution: If you find errors similar to the 'Invalid IP Address" error, I recommend trying the mobile App. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies

@chadnseng wrote:

When I disabled it, and tried to apply I got "Invalid IP Address. Please Change it" error and change cannot be committed.

What gave you that message? A wifi client? Something else?

@chadnseng wrote:

You changed the WPA/WPA2 encryption. Do you mean Security Options in

Wireless Settings?

@chadnseng wrote:

I have a fair number of firewall rules so don't really want to have to redo these if I wipe the router.

Where? There aren't any firewall settings you can change in the router. Do you mean something else?

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

Apologies for all the questions. But you can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Message 2 of 4
chadnseng
Aspirant

underlining latest (0540 29Jan2020 response)
@chadnseng wrote:

What gave you that message? A wifi client? Something else?

this was the response from the browser (chrome, IE, etc.. from multiple computers as mentioned)

@chadnseng wrote:

You changed the WPA/WPA2 encryption. Do you mean Security Options in

Wireless Settings?
As mentioned, I made no initial changes. I logged into the router and the 2nd 5Ghz radio had WPA/WPA2 enabled (it was not prior). When trying to fix this and apply the change is when I received the notice)
@chadnseng wrote:

Where? There aren't any firewall settings you can change in the router. Do you mean something else?
I enabled port forwarding and about 20 rules (which apply to rules to the firewall).

What firmware version do you have on the device? 
Firmware Ver: 
Firmware VersionV1.0.1.12_1.0.41

GUI Language VersionV1.0.1.12_2.1.46.1

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?
The modem is an Arris SB6183. It is fine with the typical 192.168.100.1

Apologies for all the questions. But you can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Thanks for reading this.

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Message 3 of 4
chadnseng
Aspirant

Fortunately I was able to find the solution.

The "Nighthawk Mobile App" overwrote security settings and applied the Wireless security. It also let me restore all three radios as needed.

I still do not know where the Invalid IP Address error came into play.

Solution: If you find errors similar to the 'Invalid IP Address" error, I recommend trying the mobile App. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7