× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX200 keeps disconnecting LAN devices randomly

Generik777
Aspirant

RAX200 keeps disconnecting LAN devices randomly

Most of my devices are WiFi but my PS4, PS5, and AppleTV are connected via Ethernet. It doesn't matter which device I am using it will randomly disconnect for a few seconds once an hour or so, sometimes less or more often. As you can imagine this is awful while gaming online. Anyone know if this is a common issue or what could be causing this? Everything is connected with new CAT7 cables. Setup is as follows: Modem > Router > Devices. Modem is a Motorola MB8600.
Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Generik777,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
Generik777
Aspirant

It was purchased April or may of 2020. It’s still under warranty but it says that the support is expired.
Message 3 of 5
RajaDaja
Luminary

When did this start happening? Do you have auto update enabled? It could me firmware related, so you could do a couple of things:  

1. Roll back back to previous firmware.

2. Pin hole on back of router for Factory Reset. 

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router, RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 4 of 5
Generik777
Aspirant

It’s been doing it since late last year, maybe September or October. Unfortunately I have tried resetting already and the problem still persists. It is on the latest firmware but the issue has persisted through all firmware updates since the September/October timeframe.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7