× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 missing WPA3 option

djjuice
Aspirant

RAX200 missing WPA3 option

I've setup a new RAX200 and have the latest firmware, yet I can't find any option in the security settings, or anywhere honestly to set a WPA3 option. I only see the usual (None, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WPA/WPA2 Enterprise)

have I not enabled an item to see this option?

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX200 missing WPA3 option

its in the works. I'd expect to see it in either the next firmware release or the 1 after. 

Message 2 of 6
abogrhen
Guide

what i know is the rax200 don't support WPA3 

because the vendor don't support it 

it is from the chipset inside of it (Broadcom)

the rax120 suport WPA3 

as the chipset inside support it (Qualcomm)

but i have no idea if the will support it or just keep it for the future chipset 

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

My understanding is that it'll be supported. It has to trickle down from the chipset manufacturer but its planned to be implemented. Not sure when through. 

Message 4 of 6
djjuice
Aspirant

Thanks for this information, this makes me consider returning the 200 for the 120, without any real knowledge of what's to come it appears the 120 has more futureproofing to it. I don't really need the 3rd band, but I do like the real 160Mhz.

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

I've never used the RAX120 but I do have the RAX200. As much as wp3 will be a nice implementation, the only device I have that supports it so far is a Intel AX200. There's other devices that do but none that I own so far. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7