× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 password issues

Meljan01
Aspirant

RAX200 password issues

Randomly when I’m try to access a website I’m being asked for the username and password to my RAX200. I refuse to put my login information into the pop up box. If I click cancel it won’t allow me to access the website but sometimes I can just get out of my browser and go back to the website to have it work just fine.
What’s would be causing this login box to pop up ?
Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX200 password issues

What modem/gateway are you using? 

What firmware is on the RAX200? 

Message 2 of 5
Meljan01
Aspirant

The modem is a Spectrum modem model number E31U2V1.

The firmware for RAX200 is V1.0.2.98_1.0.54.

I’ve attached a picture of what I get. It just randomly happens .
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

A couple things you can try. 

1. a different dns server than the isp's. You can try googles at 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 or cloudfar at 1.1.1.1

2. factory reset the router and reinstall it. The RAX devices have gotten quite a few firmware updates and they were released before the AX spec was even finalized. This has caused them to respond favorably to factory resets if there's issues. 

Message 4 of 5
Meljan01
Aspirant

One thing I discovered today is that there might be a connection between this issue and using Circle. If I got into the Circle app and change my device from the filter level of “Adult” to “None” then I can access the website without being asked for login information. So I’m wondering if there is some kind issue between the Circle app and the router.
I will try your suggestions to see if there is any changes when my device is set the Adult filter level in the Circle app.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7